Thursday, July 17, 2008

Aloha...means FABULOUS!


There were 50 tiki torches... it looked so cool. This is leading up to the front door!
Okay.... the Luau turned out sooooo great! Dean never suspected a thing, everyone came and ate, and stayed and stayed and stayed and had a wonderful time! The decorations turned out OK, the food was yum and the entertainment was so great. Because the backyard faces west we had to have the main buffet and drinks in the house... everyone ate and socialized and watched the entertainment outside. We had 50 tiki torches, 4 tables, one main buffet table in the house and then the dessert buffet outside. Paul's niece and her husband did yummy island main courses... I did salads, and fruit, and drinks, and dessert. When it got dusk outside we had Paul's nephews dance and play the ukulele and sing. So great! We sat out on a beautiful night and laughed and had such a fantastic evening. Everyone stayed until about 11:00 p.m. Dean was so surprised and happy.... heck, I even got a few people that asked if I would throw them a party. It was a success! It was also so fun because my mom and her friend and my two cousins came to visit me this week and they made it in time for the party. I am lucky to have such great neighbors and friends!
Yummy Food & Fun Friends....

The tables were set up outside in the backyard... these pictures were taken right as the party started..sorry there aren't any when it was dark with the torches and the fun going on!

9 comments:

Mindi said...

you know that i sensed this was on, so i hopped out of bed at 2:45 am so i could rush right in and check out your action!!!

it looks awesome, and totally typical amy. i wish you had a photo of YOU and your "men friends" on there, though--get with it.

Anonymous said...

I love it! yOu did a fabulous job! I'm sure they were pleased! I agree with Mindi, where's the picture of you with your men friends?

Devri said...

I really don't give a hoot about you men freinds, jk- I am upset no photos of the dancing, only one guy- we would have put that goup on fi-ah.. next time!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! Gorgeous house!
I agree with Mindi...where are those "other" photos?!

tammy said...

To quote Michael Scott: How hard is a luau? All you need is some grass skirts, pineapple, poi, tiki torches, suckling pig, some fire dancers. That's all you need.

Looks like you guys did a fabulous job. I'm in envy of their kitchen. Yours is probably just as awesome since you're their neighbor. I'm not sure I can like you anymore if that's the case.

Holly H. said...

Have you ever considered going in to the party planning business? Seriously, that looks so great! I'm sure your "buddies" had the time of their life!

Misty said...

You did such a great job and I am so jealous that I wasn't invited!

Collette said...

i hope the "neighbors" loved it, you did a fabulous job! duh..

Chanda said...

Awe - I'm totally drooling over your fab shindig. I heart theme parties.