Thursday, July 17, 2008

The good times just keep on rollin'...more diet coke, please!

The third installment in the party life of Amy... Sunday morning my cousins, Teisha & Mikell their mom Leslie ( see Bette Midler photos) and my mom, Viv ( who in this picture was totally wasted...just kidding) came to visit for a fun girls trip. I made them work like dogs helping me get ready for the luau, but after that we partied like rockstars! When they got here I had cups all glittered and made so we could really drink in style! ( Thanks Tonia for the great idea)Monday we shopped and laughed and bought and laughed and drank diet coke and laughed and laughed some more. Did I mention that we laughed a little? I think we were a little silly because on Sunday we stayed at the luau until midnight then came home to laugh until about 2:30 am. We were sad Mama Mia wasn't out yet so instead we went shopping some more and then ate at P.F. Chang's and really laughed there because we were all so tired. Monday night the old broads ( Viv & Les) were too tired so they went to bed about 11:00, but we youngins stayed up until 3:45 laughing some more. Teish and Mik had to go home on Tuesday afternoon for a birthday of one of their kids... but before they left we went to IKEA to buy storage and organization gear. Mikell & Teisha are sooo organized- infact they are thinking about starting up a business where they will come in and organize your house. Wouldn't that be sweet? They inspired me and told me how to get the job done so I am now on a mission! Viv and Les stayed until Wednesday. We watched Hairspray and had such a great time. I had soooooo much fun with these babes! All growing up my mom and Leslie were best friends ( Plus Leslie is my dad's 1st cousin) . We went on every trip together...plus Teisha and I were inseparable until we both got married. I feel bad that since we got married we haven't stayed in touch as much and aren't as close as were once were...but this weekend it seemed like I talked to her every day for the past 16 years. It all comes right back! Teisha is the most hilarious girl I have EVER known. We were roommates for a while in college ( until the season changed and we wanted to buy spring clothes instead of rent) and it was one of the best times of my life! She is crazy, funny, sweet, and as you can see...BEAUTIFUL! She has got it all! Mikell is older than we are and she is just as rockin'. I am so lucky to have such great friends that just happen to be family... it makes it really great because we can all laugh at the same goofy family members. I know this post is waaaaay to long...but I wanted to document what a rockstar few days I have just had! They are the best and I had the time of my life... I hope they come back soon!


12 comments:

Holly H. said...

Ok, how fun! Your cousin is darling, but so are you! Your house looks amazing too, but would I expect anything less??? :)

samiam said...

Gald you had a good time! I love hanging out with the gals. =)

whitney said...

hey.. so yeah you caught me Im a big time stalker!! and now a little worried..I did NOT know I could be tracked- how do ya tell whos been checking ya out? Im a bloging virgin-and completly clueless to the whole thing!

Misty said...

I think your pimp cups are hilarious. Seriously, I am totally going to copy!

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree, you and your cousin are the cutest!

Is that your house? Beautiful.

I must admit I am a little envious of those pimp cups!

Collette said...

so how long did it take you to glitter all those cups? such a fun group-glad you had so much fun!

Mia said...

Oh my goodness gracious you really did have a great past couple of days. I am so glad you had a rocking party and girls weekend. I would love to see Bette!

Fried Eggs said...

Wow!! Its been a while since I last visted your blog. You have so much fun!! Your family & friends are so dang cute. Next time you go to Vegas you need to let me know. We could hit my old stomping grounds -- Stripper clubs, dance clubs, & whole other underground world that would shock you to death!! If you drink enough, it even gets better -- Texas Blonde

Courtney said...

Looks like you guys had fun! How great to have such fun cousins!

tbelle said...

Ok seriously, my guts are still aching.... mainly because the party had to end, but also I too have not laughed that hard since the last time we were together. You are the best Amy!!! I love you to pieces. We for sure have to start doing this more often. You are the best party plannin, joke makin, neighbor lovin, home decoratin, glitter applyin, diet pepsi drinkin, talent sharin, gal I know and I am so lucky to have you as my cousin and BFF. Thanks for always lovin me through thick and thin. You are my Idol. Cant wait until the next Partay!!!! XOXOXXXOXOXO Teisha

Mindi said...

i agree with misty-- i think you should start calling those bad boys "pimp cups" and they will hold your "pimp juice"--genius.

y'all are smokin' hot.
i'd do you.

maybe i WILL on monday....yay!!!

Andrea W. said...

There is NOTHING better than late night laughter with loved ones (look at that aliteration!). Glad you had such a fun time.