Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Divine Miss M...Truly Divine!

Me, Mindy, Viv, Brandy & Jody... My darling sisters and mom!

Leslie, Viv, Mindy, Kamari, Me ( I had a REALLY good time in the bar...jokes), Brandy, & Jody

Oh wow! What a day a night and half a day! I would love to be blogging that I won 10,000 while in Vegas, but no... but I did have a FABULOUS time with my mom and sisters and friends! Friday we shopped and lunched and laughed and then Friday night we went to the Bette Midler concert! oh...my...gosh! She used language a little stronger than gosh and heck and freak...but it was soooooo good. The name of the show was "The Showgirl Must Go On" I think people forget that she started out as the Divine Miss M in Bathhouses in New York in the 1970's as a bawdy comedienne. She was hilarious! I loved hearing her sing "From a distance" and the "Rose" and yes I did get a little choked up when she sang "Wind Beneath My Wings"...she's a classic! She talked about cleaning up New York City and her motto was: "It was time to get the trash off the street and back on the stage where it belonged." She cracked me up! There were mermaids in wheelchairs and she did a big Vegas production number to "Pretty Legs and Great Big Knockers"- dressed as a showgirl...head-dress and all! We had GREAT seats and had such a good time! Then we ate at the Cheesecake Factory right there in Caesar's...so much fun. Viv had to gamble a bit...we people watched and then went back to the hotel where the fun really began! We stayed up laughing until almost 3 am. The rowdy crowd was Me, my sisters- Jody & Brandy, My Sis-in-law- Mindy, the amazing mother- Viv, Viv's BFF- Leslie, and my BFF- Kamari. A good time was sooooo had by all! Thanks Brandy for having a b-day, thanks to Viv for the ticket hook-up, and thanks to my man for holding down the fort so I could party... I had a Divine time!
Cheesecake Factory at 10 p.m....so we HAD to stay up till 3!
Viv.... You got to know when to hold' em....know when to fold' em

12 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Looks so fun! I love being with my mom and sisters. If only they would stay up that late with me.

Mindi said...

y'all look fancy and festive and like a bunch of cougars ('cept for the little ones)

i'm just a wee bit jealous--viv knows how to throw a party!

Mindi said...

p.s.

i wouldn't want to go to a show that involved really strong language and questionable material. i guess that's just me.

hope you can sleep at night with that on your concience.

Anonymous said...

Lots to comment! Looks like an absolute ball! So fun KAmari was there, you didn't mention she was going to be there. Jodi is a way cute blonde! Love Bette and I REALLY would have cried during W.B.M.W. because that was sung at our wedding! How cute is mindi and she fits in so well! Viv looked beautiful and svelt! And last but not least, YOU! You look fabulous! I'm so glad you had fun but so sorry you didn't win a million!

Cole said...

I dream of a girls weekend in Vegas. Or just a weekend in Vegas with my hubby. Either way I woudl have a blast! So glad I can live vicariously through you for now....

Devri said...

I am glad to see you having fun, your moms photo is blackmail i tell ya. And you are stinkin' cute.

Anonymous said...

What fun, I am jealous...I love that place!

tammy said...

Looks like so much fun. Can't remember the last time I stayed up until 3:00 am...and I'm almost positive it wasn't fun.

Holly H. said...

You have surely had the best week ever! Oh how I love Vegas so much! Your mom and sisters are so cute! Glad you had such an exceptional time!!!

Misty said...

Your family is so cute and it looks like you guys had so much fun. Cheesecake Factory is definitely a MUST! Their menu is so lengthly and overwhelming, but seriously, the best thing there is Chicken Madeira - try it!

Collette said...

so fun, brandy doesn't even look pregnant-what's with that? all of you are such hotties! glad you had fun! you really are a rockstar!

Courtney said...

Bette is back! My mom and I loved going to Vegas with Brandy and Viv forever ago. How fun!