Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Big Kahuna's Surprise!


Thursday was my dad's 60th birthday and I went to St. George for the ultimate surprise of the year. My dad is usually not really into the crowd and the chaos of a party, but about a week ago he started asking my mom is she was going to do something really great for his BIG birthday.

She kept telling him no, but we had already decided to copy the one I put on for my neighbor and just keep it a surprise from my dad. He hinted and talked about having a party... we all just laughed and said that nobody could come and that it was a crazy night and that we would celebrate it over the weekend. He even kind of sulked because nobody was going to do anything... we all were laughing our butts off about it. On his birthday I called and told him Happy Birthday and I was sorry that I couldn't come down to celebrate it with him. I was calling from my sister's backyard. He didn't even know I was in town, because I stayed at my sister's house until that night. We sent he and my mom to the spa for massages while we got everything in place. She was so mad that she wasn't with us getting ready... I learned all of my party skills from her. Viv has MAD party SKILLZ! It was a fabulous party! My sister Jody made the cutest cake EVAH! There were about 50+ people that came..we had a Polynesian dance program that lasted almost an hour, great food, everyone hulaed and danced and sang, and most importantly...he was surprised! As I say almost every post... We partied like Rockstars- This time Hawaiian rockstars!

10 comments:

Devri said...

ahh! those are the cutest white hula dancers I've seen, glad to see you all had a wavin' good time.. Where were the fire dancers:)

tammy said...

That's so funny that he was sulking beforehand. Looks like a fabulous time. My FIL turns 60 in November....guess I have some work to do.

Anonymous said...

Sheez, your second lay in a month you lucky duck!!!

I'll bet you are nearly partied out! Looks like a great time! Jodi really ought to go into cake making, that is darling!

Andrea W. said...

Wow, I'm so glad your Dad got the party he was wanting. That cake is amazing! What a fun family.

Holly H. said...

That cake is the cutest thing ever! What a great night it muat have been. I'm sure your dad was thrilled. :)

rachel said...

What a great surprise! Love that cake....you throw a mean party lady :K)

the glendenning family said...

I'm so sad that I missed it! I sure it wasn't the same without me!!!!
Looks like a great time my mother called from Hawaii to say we missed a swell time!
Wish I could have been here to help I love Parties!

Anonymous said...

You do have some mad party skills, I will most definately agree. That cake is just too cool and it looks like good times were had by all! Way to go-

Shannon said...

You are THE party girl! Viv taught you well! Glad Ted had such a cool surprise party!

Mia said...

So fun!!!!! I am glad you got to surprise your Dad for his 60th birthday! Looks like everyone had a really good time.