Friday, August 29, 2008

Freaking Out Over Fall!

Today it happened... I went outside this morning and I felt the most wonderful thing... FALL! I know the kids still came home from school smelling like summer recess, but this morning it seemed cooler and more crisp. Mitch is playing football, the mornings and evenings are cooler, and fall is knocking on my heart. I love love love fall! I think it was because the first one I really experiences was in 1999... the year we moved to Boise from St. George. I had no idea leaves actually turned red before they fell off the tree. I am being silly... ( I really did know that) but St. George has corner on the market for Spring, but Fall- Not so much! In San Jorge the leaves are on the tree bright green one day...the next day they are a yellow/green and then the next day they are on the ground the same yellow/ green. I love everything fall! In my house I don't do "seasonals" ( sorry Mindi) except fall and Christmas. Two years ago I had a big old fall party and I am already going to plan one for this year! Did this last year and loved it!
I went with the Over Tipsy Top Girls ( AKA Tonia & Marla) to Michael's today and bought a little Halloween decor. If that is not the best way to spend an hour and a little cash I don't know what is! I know what Meg wants to be for Halloween- so I can start on that costume, I already have my Halloween apron material, and I am just waiting for the green light to start going for fall in my house. I usually wait until Sept. 15... I hope I can wait that long. Last year was the first year I did Halloween themed decorations... I usually just to the whole pumpkin and leaves and fabulous fall theme. But... there was something so whimsical and fun about my fun Halloween stuff... It should be in my blood because my mom, VIV, and my sister,Jody, are really witches at heart. I say that lovingly... they love Halloween. So I am digging out my Martha Stewart Living mags from years gone by and am going to start getting into the fall festive mood. I can't wait to wear orange... make caramel apples... junk up my house with orange and black... and enjoy the cool down and the BEAUTIFUL fall view off my deck. This isn't the last you'll hear about this... I am freaking out over FALL!

Let's Give Martha a toast... she is the best Halloween idea giver in the world!

Have a great Weekend!

20 comments:

Devri said...

I love all seasons, but I too felt fall today, and I love jacket season.. ok, I love jackets.. can't wait.. ;)

tammy said...

You can tell it's getting close to fall here because it's down to 100 and only supposed to be 95 this weekend. Okay, maybe you can't tell, but the pool is getting cooler so that's how I can tell.

I cannot wait to decorate for Halloween either! Love love it!!!

Those drinks in the pumpkin are a fabulous idea. Oh my gosh, I'm getting too excited thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Amen brother ben!!! I too can smell it in the air!! We are going to have a few more hot days here, today and tomorrow, but then we're heading down in temp and I LOVE it! Boise IS absolutely beautiful in the fall, but so is Northern Utah! I bet the view off your deck is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that feels the need to do some seasonals!

I have the itch to put it all up from the porch decor to lighting up some fall scents (candles)and doing some baking!

Good thing we're all in this together!!

Collette said...

your house was so cute last year! can't wait to see it again- and i know you won't wait until the 15th!

Vanessa said...

Fall is definitely my fave. Probably because my b.day is in October :)

Shannon said...

I LOVE Fall! I am chomping at the bit to "junk up" (as you so lovingly put it) my house as well! I can't wait to see all the fun stuff you do!

The Patrona said...

Witch, Witch, you're a Witch! Like Glenda the good witch! We'll you be trick or treating with a rhinestone and glitter pumpkin.

Kristen said...

Fall is beautiful here in Tennessee and has become one of my favorite seasons as well. I think spring is my absolute favorite though! We can't wait to hit the soccer fields and my girls LOVE Halloween!

rachel said...

I love decorating for Halloween...I can't wait to see everyone's "seasonals" for this one :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love the Fall too. The colors are just amazing. And who doesn't love Halloween for heck sakes?!

Mindi said...

fall.......what's that?

it feels a little cooler down here today--down to 109 from 111. yep, definitely a nip in the air.

i forgive you for not doing seasonals because you do fall--halloween is my favoritest, even more than xmas.

simply kris said...

Halloween. It is the best. Love to wear my Rolling Stones-type shirt with vampire teeth.... it says BITE ME.
Let's put up our stuff early. Who's in?

Brittany said...

I LOVE FALL!! Not many people choose fall as their "season"... but I do. I love the cool weather, the reverse-changing leaves, etc., and the "crisp-ness"- that's just the perfect word right? of course, my dad is a football coach, so for my family growing up, fall was the beginning of the year! it was the time of year when we got to see all our loved ones more often, go on trips with the team, and experience the awesome Ups (and the not so great Downs) of being involved in the sport- everything was clearer and more real and funner in the fall- love it!

Brittany said...

sorry i got kinda deep there...

Marie Holmes said...

Amy,
This is so weird. I went blog hopping and somehow found you in the blog world. This is Marie (from Whetten days) I am so excited that I found you and have been able to catch up through your blog! You have a beautiful family.
A lot has happened since those Whetten days. Through a his, hers and ours situation, I now have five kids. I have an awesome husband and we are happy living in good ole Cedar! If you'd like to visit my blog, the address is theholmesfam.blogspot.com
Good to see your cute family!
Love, Marie

Devri said...

I lost my mail key, I haven't checked, I am sure it's there, but I guess bills and fun wait till tommorow. I will let you know when I do,,,, I can't wait :0)

tiburon said...

I am soooo with you. I LOVE FALL!

Jenn said...

I loe fall as well. I think it is by far my favorite time of year. The last few days I thought it was here but then today it goes and warms up again. What is up with that? Your blog is fun to read. I would love to see what you come up with for your house this year post pictures or have a fall party for people who read your blog just kidding. I look forward to reading more.

AnneMarie said...

Isn't Martha the Queen of inspiration!!!!!!