Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I have so many things to be thankful for... Here are just a few that pop right to mind-
1. My family- Caylor works for the company that owned that airplane that went down last Friday in Moab, killing all 10 people aboard. He has flown on that exact plane with that pilot many many many times. It freaked me out a little... I am so grateful for him! Also I am so thankful for my little kids ( not so little anymore) they all seem to like school and are all really good kids. I have been talking to Rebekah, Ty's mom, quite a bit lately and my heart just aches for her... I have got to stop complaining about my kids because she would give anything to have to buy school clothes for him this school year... would do anything to study spelling words with him. I am happy my kids are healthy and happy!
2. My blog- I know this sounds so cliche', but I am so glad that I started a blog. I have been reading about Stephanie and Christian Nielson and their terrible plane crash and I was so touched to read her blog and although I don't know them... I am glad that I got to glimpse at their world. Those photos and memories are going to be priceless. I cried when I went to her blog. I hope I never have to rely on my blog as a way of remembrance as a stage of mourning, but I am glad I have jotted a few things about our lives that will keep memories that tend to fade.
3. My past three days of fun and freedom- I know it sounds so contradictory, after all the mushy sentimental things in the last two items listed, but I am so thankful for the fun- alone, grown-up time I have had over the last three days. Today is to get my house somewhat in order and do laundry day, but the good thing is... I've got 9 months to make all my dreams come true! ( no I am not pregnant...that would be a tragedy... the school year is 9 months)
4. School clothes shopping- Gives me an excuse to hit the stores! I love to shop and this is about one of two times when I can shop without the little buyers remorse that I usually get. My boys don't really care about anything other than shoes... and Meg loves all the clothes and hates shoes. It has been so fun and I am so glad Caylor is usually on board with this. It has been such a fun thing... any excuse to shop!

14 comments:

tammy said...

All fabulous things! I am so glad your hubby wasn't on that plane too. Plane crashes hit a little too close to home for me, although he always tells me he has a better chance of dying on the way to the airport than in a plane crash. Not sure if that makes me feel any better.

Christmas and school clothes - two times I can buy without feeling guilty too! Luvpilot makes fun of me because I leave the tags on everything in case I have buyers remorse, and two months later you can still see all the tags because I've forgotten about them.

Jodi and Mandi said...

I love your blog. It always makes me smile and have a better day. When I heard who owned the plane me and Todd immediately thought of Caylor. HAve a great "laundry day".

Anonymous said...

Great TT! I have to agree with all you said. Wow about Caylor and the plane. I can understand your anxiety.

Shawn flies on a small 6 passenger company jet all the time and I too get nervous.

Wouldn't it be great if we lived each day as if it were our last? Unfortunately not many of us do!

Have a great day!

Cassie said...

I came across your blog from Over The Tipsy Top and just thought I would say how much I loved your Thankful Thursday thoughts. I too am thankful for my family, and yes shopping too!

Devri said...

I too am glad your husband wasn't on the plane too, I can't believe how many tragic things are happening right now, I am thankfull for my family to also be safe this week!!! Story later to come. :)

Anonymous said...

Great, great list!

It's been a humbling week reading all the posts for Nie Nie and her family. I am happy that your husband was not aboard that plane as well, it was a horrible tragedy as it was.

I am envious of your alone, adult time. We have date night on Saturday and I think I need it after this crazy week of getting in the groove of things!

Have a great rest of the day...

Mia said...

Love the list. I am so grateful for my little fam too and I love blogging. Who knew this medium would bring so many people together and help us make so many new friends?

Vanessa said...

I thought about you when I heard about that plane crashing. Glad he wasn't on it.

simply kris said...

feeling love for Nie where I lower the Bar. Love you Amy!

Shannon said...

Holy Cow Ames! The whole airplane thing would have sent me right over the edge! I loved reading your list today. It was a good reminder to me to be SO thankful for all that I have. Especially since I've been having a bit of a pity party today. THANKS!

Mindi said...

i'm grateful for your husband as well.

he makes me laugh. the ugly laugh, too--not a cute little giggle.

hannie bailey said...

check out stephmodo.com

My friend steph is doing a bunch of silent auction items in honor of the nielsons and their tradgey. It is pretty cool. Between hers and many others, there are over 90 silent auctions going on for them. Pretty amazing. Yes, I too am damn thankful to be alive and whole.

Misty said...

Such a great list and I am thankful for shopping too!

Anonymous said...

uploaded classics storytellers elections prolleniums rigorous lighting confer vegetation procedures induatrial
lolikneri havaqatsu