Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I could have won the Nobel Prize in EVERYTHING!

In the time it would have taken to cure AIDS, balance and payoff the National Deficit, Conquer world hunger, and find Osama Bin Ladin... I attempted a little nip and tuck on the old blog. Anyone who doesn't blog loves to say to anyone who does..." I just don't have the time to do THAT" or "Where do you find all your time to 'play' on the computer... I have children to care for" and usually I laugh and say that I do it for only about an hour a day ( Okay so I minimize it a tad) but today... I put in a full time job worth of work on this bloody thing. I though it was going to be a quick little project! I consulted with a professional, my new Blogging Idol- Vanessa, and she explained how easy it was to do. I tried it for a good long time and then I got desperate and called her on the phone. This was the first time I had actually REALLY talked to her and I didn't even have time to be nervous or mess around with the preliminaries- I was at my wits end and I knew she could help. We had a great chat and after 3 phone calls and her thinking I am a total IDIOT... I just begged her to do it for me. She helped a poor train wreck out and now I have a new look. I did do the header, but she had to step in and assist me with the main body. Sooooo... needless to say I am kindof embarrassed that on my first meeting I showed how lame I really am. Good things did come of it though... We chatted for a while and I found out that we were almost room-mates at SUU ( well...except for the fact that I was married and she attended 3 years after I left and I didn't even live in Cedar City at the time she was there... minor details!) The paralleling didn't end there...we both were teachers, her daughter's name is Vivian ( they call her Vivi) and you all know that I know a Viv, We both lived in Idaho ( opposite ends of the state, but who cares... the gem state is the gem state!), and we both have fun, outgoing, energetic mothers. We are practically twins that were separated at birth! Well it was a crazy day, but I did get a new look! I think I am going to like it! If you don't...please don't burst my bubble- it took me ( and Vanessa...well, mostly Vanessa) all day ( and all night) to do it! Thanks, Vanessa... I owe you one!
P.S. If this post seems a little disconnected or rambling and doesn't make any sense- Sorry! I have slaved over a hot computer all day and I just can't type or think anymore!

20 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Love It! Love the rambling! Good work girls! Or should I say BBFFs?! (blogging bffs?)

Devri said...

Great job ladies!! Maybe I should hire the boths of you to help my website when it comes out!!!, except, only one prob with it, I have a new way that is soooooooooo easy- if you can post a side bar, it's as easy as that!!!!!! Should have called me, it would have taken all but 3 minutes, sorry for your time Vanessa and Amy.. Next time call the computer freak!!!!

I love it though!!!!

tammy said...

It looks fabulous!

The first time I wanted to pretty my blog, I was on the computer all day long too. You're lucky you had help from your long lost twin.

Anonymous said...

Good work girls!

Too funny, that you have so much in common...small world huh?

I think the new look is great, totally fitting of your personality AND it has animal print! Love it.

Mindi said...

you notice that i still have the plain old, no frills, nastified black blog that i've always had......i tried to do a minor tweak about 2 months in and messed everything up for a whole day and was beside myself. i DO have nick burns your company computer guy that could help me but i haven't gotten that far.

i likey, amy--nip and tuck looks good on you.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cute!!! I'm impressed! It took me hours just to figure out how to change mine last week and its only a background! Looks great!

Collette said...

looks fabulous! and we loved the cupcakes-yummy! Evan loved them! tell me when you are ready to check out those fabulous purses! you know i would rather have a new purse than food on the table!

Vanessa said...

Wow, you are way too nice! It was fun chatting with you. (even though you called me 80 times you big stalker) I love meeting new people, thats why this whole blogging thing is the best!!!!!

Vanessa said...

PS, Great job on the header! It looks fab!

Holly H. said...

LOVE IT! It's so cute and so YOU! :)

Kristen said...

Love it! I need to do the same to mine but I'm just a bit nervous that I'll mess it all up!

Andrea W. said...

Love it, Amy. I'm impressed it only took one whole day and night, it would take me MUCH longer than that.

Chanda said...

I feel your pain - I am in total denial about how much time I REALLY spend blogging. Your new look it great though - time well spent!

tiburon said...

Love the new look! Well done! :)

Mia said...

I love the new layout! You and Vanessa did a great job.

Shannon said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new look!
Now that you are PRO, you can help me with mine!

Misty said...

Your layout is so cute, as always

Judi said...

Love the new look :o)

simply kris said...

It may have taken longer than you had hoped~ but it looks great! Way to use your computer!
Hey! I have a silly GIVEAWAY on my blog, if you're interested!

simply kris said...

Amy- i noticed that you commented on the scarf Giveaway- just wanted you to know that THAT one wasn't MY giveaway... I am giving custom invites, cards, announcements (they could even be a set of "I'm a Blogger" card) :)