Well.. All good things must come to an end! Although it has seemed like an endless one... today is officially the last day of summer! ( seeing that it is Friday, a school day and they are still on summer vacation- my kids are having a hard time with this concept- they think the last day of summer vacation is Sunday, but they wouldn't be in school anyways) I don't want to get all crazy negative on how dang excited I am for school to start, because once the homework and all that comes with it begins... I'll be ready for summer slackin' once a gain. It sounds like I am never happy! Here is a list of things I have loved about this summer...
* Loved sleeping in! Mitch slept in until 1:30 p.m. ( that's our record)
* Loved eating bar-b-que and fresh veggies at 8:30 at night!
* Loved eating breakfast with my kids many times a morning.
* Loved the "White bathing suit" Meggie got while swimming for days in Gram's pool.
* Loved going to movies in the afternoon.
* Loved the kids sleeping in a tent on our deck ( because they're afraid of cougars)
* Loved all the baseball games!
* Loved all the fun company we had...45+ people stayed here since Memorial Day
* Loved not worrying about combing hair or matching clothes. Everyday was casual Friday
* Loved pulling weeds all together ( should have loved it a few more times)
* Loved the late night movies and popcorn.
* Loved the summer Popsicle diet.
* Loved that flip- flips were the shoe of choice... not so many socks to fold!
* Loved going to Lagoon with any visitors that came to visit!
* Loved going to St. George and seeing cousins!
* Loved that Meg turned into "MerMeg" when she got to Gram's pool.
* Loved making glitter cups ALL summer long.
* Loved reading with my kids most days.
* Loved going back-to-school shopping. ( The boys HATED it)
* Loved not having any structure... no big plans, no hassle, no worries!
* Loved no bed times.
* Love that the party is over and school starts on Monday!