Friday, August 22, 2008

The Party is Over... Back to the Real World!

Well.. All good things must come to an end! Although it has seemed like an endless one... today is officially the last day of summer! ( seeing that it is Friday, a school day and they are still on summer vacation- my kids are having a hard time with this concept- they think the last day of summer vacation is Sunday, but they wouldn't be in school anyways) I don't want to get all crazy negative on how dang excited I am for school to start, because once the homework and all that comes with it begins... I'll be ready for summer slackin' once a gain. It sounds like I am never happy! Here is a list of things I have loved about this summer...
* Loved sleeping in! Mitch slept in until 1:30 p.m. ( that's our record)
* Loved eating bar-b-que and fresh veggies at 8:30 at night!
* Loved eating breakfast with my kids many times a morning.
* Loved the "White bathing suit" Meggie got while swimming for days in Gram's pool.
* Loved going to movies in the afternoon.
* Loved the kids sleeping in a tent on our deck ( because they're afraid of cougars)
* Loved all the baseball games!
* Loved all the fun company we had...45+ people stayed here since Memorial Day
* Loved not worrying about combing hair or matching clothes. Everyday was casual Friday
* Loved pulling weeds all together ( should have loved it a few more times)
* Loved the late night movies and popcorn.
* Loved the summer Popsicle diet.
* Loved that flip- flips were the shoe of choice... not so many socks to fold!
* Loved going to Lagoon with any visitors that came to visit!
* Loved going to St. George and seeing cousins!
* Loved that Meg turned into "MerMeg" when she got to Gram's pool.
* Loved making glitter cups ALL summer long.
* Loved reading with my kids most days.
* Loved going back-to-school shopping. ( The boys HATED it)
* Loved not having any structure... no big plans, no hassle, no worries!
* Loved no bed times.
* Love that the party is over and school starts on Monday!

14 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations on surviving summer vacation! Sending the kids back to school is always a little bittersweet for me too. I have such big plans at the beginning of summer and we are so busy. I always wish that I had done more and hate all of that homework and routine crap. Hope your kids have a great year!

Vanessa said...

Yay for back to school!

Devri said...

I am glad to see that you can still write a great post after listening to my siren, sorry for that, he really didn't start crying till I got on the phone..

I love structure, but I love my sleep, I am sleep deprieved!!! Help.

Collette said...

great list, but let the real fun begin! lunch anyone???

whitney said...

Hey I love the new blog design. the time payed off its looks great!

Anonymous said...

Great list, Amy!

I can't get over that you housed 45guests over summer at Amy's Bed and Breakfast! From what I know and how you entertain...you must be exhausted! I think you need a down day!

As sad as I am to see summer go, I am looking forward to Fall too!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Such a great list...aaaah summer. It was a fun one!

tammy said...

Wait a minute...you loved pulling weeds? That is just sick girl.

Good luck getting back into the routine. We only have five more weeks until our two weeks of Fall Break begins!

rachel said...

I love summer too! This year I am glad for back to school...it is hard to keep my dude busy all summer :)

Shannon said...

Amen!

Mia said...

What a wonderful summer! I love all the great things you loved about your summer. I can't wait until my kids figure out how to sleep in ;)

tiburon said...

I am soooo with you. I am more excited for back to school than I could even put into words!

Misty said...

Lovin' the Love - cute post!

AnneMarie said...

We are now into October and as much as I enjoy fall I'm missing the lazy days of summer.