Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Check that NASTY project off the list!

Put a great big check mark on that nasty pantry cleaning job! I got it done!
I have decided I am kindof a PIG! I can't believe I allowed my pantry to get soooo bad! I know that all three of you that read this are thinking..."more junk on the stupid pantry?... Why me and I wonder what is posted on Seriously So Blessed today?" Don't switch just yet... I have got to come clean about what has been haunting me for months... yes I said months. I knew I needed to get this bad boy in shape, but the thought just made me want to scream. I decided that today was the day... I posted it on my blog so I had to get results... that was good peer pressure. Being the blogger I try to be... I even took photos and I must say I am quite embarrassed about what you are about to see. I really am not such a slacker..but here goes. The photos on the left side of the cube are before and the done deal is right next to it on the right. I even tried to get the same angle on the before and after shot. See my shame! I must also say that it took me ALL day to get this monster under control. Moral of my story? Either hire someone really good to clean and organize ( even if a kidney has to be sold to pay for it) or be a little more on top of things that need to be done. Well I am off to check off another thing on my list...party it up with my mom and sister-in-law, Mindy. We are going to shop, and laugh, and go to lunch, and have a ball... Just trying to do what I set my mind up to do! Aprons to be made Thursday...they are going to be so cute... I'll take pics!

17 comments:

Devri said...

Love it, now come do mine!!!

It came, love it.. Thank you..

But I would have loved a Apron more;)

Kristen said...

Way to go! I too took a day last week and cleaned my 2 pantries. Now maybe I can use some off the extra room for food storage. Nah, I'll probably just buy more junk for the kids! You can never have too many chips or boxes of cereal!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo for an organized pantry!!
Do you want to come do mine?

tammy said...

Nice job. Funny that was the exact same thing I was doing when the kids went back to school. I could take it no more. Only I wasn't as brave as you to take pics.

simply kris said...

I am going to follow in your footsteps. I will clean my pantry today as well. (trend setter!) Brave- picture taking of "before" mortifies me. I have been really lazy of late.

rachel said...

Am I sick? I actually love doing that sort of thing...maybe THAT should be my new profession?

Anonymous said...

Ah, heck! Just be glad you have that nice big pantry!! Mine is about half that size! Looks good! How are the endorphins? Huh? Feelin good, aren't you?

Chanda said...

Bravo! I love cleaning out my pantry.

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! You have no idea the sickness I have. My pantry is a joke. Seriously, people shop here regularly. Cereal-check, junk food-check, anything else on the planet-check check. My pantry looks the same size & triple full, no joke. Is that called hoarding or is it being "prepared" for anything?

Mindi said...

why you make us look bad, lady?

i don't know why you posted those "before" photos--those are CHILD'S PLAY compared to my w.t. pantry.

i'm glad you got it tackled. now party on with your peeps!

Shannon said...

I actually like to organize. That being said, Is everything in my house that organized?
NOT EVEN CLOSE! Your pantry looks awesome. Way to go!

Collette said...

way to go it looks great but I will have to come and see it in person!

Collette said...

and i can't wait to see the aprons!!!

Suzie said...

for the rookie, these posts seem like they are pantry-themed.
But me? A seasoned Amy-lover and fun spotter know first hand that these posts are all about the PARTYING.
Work first, then the FUN!

I love me a good pantry. Your looks fab.
Makes you want to whip up a gourmet meal, no?

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Looks great...now on to the fun stuff, eh?

Don'tcha just love those stickie notes?

Great fun!

Mia said...

Looks great! I agree, please come do mine ;)

AnneMarie said...

Love the post it note idea. Hooray for a clean pantry!