Friday, November 7, 2008

Fabulous Fall...Thanksgiving aprons!

I think Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday and I don't even like mashed potatoes. I love it because there is no hype and no let-down...just great food, family and fun. Those are some of my most important priorities. It is just good to stop the craziness of life, reflect on things to be thankful for, eat some yummy pie, and hang out with family. In my family, while the boys are watching football...we girls are in the kitchen. The kitchen is actually where all the action is... can you imagine Viv, my two crazy sisters, my funny cousins, and my Gram all in one central location. GOOD TIMES! Is there a better occasion for a fabulous apron? I think not! I made this little number for Jackson's tutor, Judy. She loves aprons and we love her so..... it is a perfect match. I found some cute fall fabric, added a little ric-rac and...TADA... a sassy apron made for the Thanksgiving hostess with the mostess. I also made some rubber dish washing gloves for her so she can be a Glam Gram. I am a huge fan AND copy cat of Sherry over at creations from the heart. She is so talented and I saw the body displaying aprons on her blog and I just HAD to copy. So... here is a shout out to her...she is amazing! Thanks to my Grandma Bette for my new body.
So for all you Thanksgivingers out there... create an apron for your cooking crew this year. How fun to have matching aprons with your daughters, moms, and even grandmas. If you don't sew...just find a craft apron and embellish it. Add some ribbon, gems, fabric, etc. What a fun memory AND you will all look so cute in the annual Thanksgiving day photo!


21 comments:

Judi said...

Oh-I LOVE the gloves!
The apron too, but the gloves, I must have some!

tammy said...

That turned out so cute! I've been a fan of Sherry and her aprons & gloves, too. And jealous that your G-ma gave you that body. I must have one now for my sewing room.

Your house looks fabulously decorated for fall, too. Of course I expected no less from you.

Anonymous said...

This is getting absolutely ridiculous!! What are you doing to me? Domestic Goddess? How can it be? It really threw me over the edge when the "body" was shown. Oh my! Very cute though, so you MUST keep it up!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gesture, I think she'll flip when she sees how absolutley adorable that little diddy of an apron is! The gloves, oh, I love the gloves!

Tiffany said...

You are AMAZING! Your aprons make me want to have a closet full of aprons.

Holly H. said...

That is so cute! I love the new pattern. You seriously are so talented Amy!

rachel said...

What a CUTE apron! YOu are the apron master :)

rychelle said...

what a great apron!

i, too, am a thanksgiving lover. i think it may be my fave holiday.

family. that's what it's all about.
=)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a lucky lady to sport that designer apron. So cute!

Courtney said...

So cute! Love the gloves, too!

Vanessa said...

LUCKY girl! She will love it.

PS, went to the scrapbook store and got paper for a Christmas star and the girl working there said she saw them on a blog. . .turned out, it was yours! Small world!

Mia said...

I love the idea of making hostess aprons for all of my sisters in law that are coming, but alas that is way beyond my skill set. Fabulous apron!

Jo said...

I love the design of your apron! I'm working a few basic ones that I hope to have monogrammed for Christmas gifts!

Were the gloves difficult to make?

Jo

Mindi said...

i would like to wear ONLY the gloves. and not a stitch of clothing. then i could take photos and you could post them on your blog.

Letti said...

I love this idea and that apron is fabulous.

Devri said...

I want your body!!!!!!!!!!!

You should start selling these puppies way too cute.

Mandi Shandi said...

I LOVE your blog! I just stumbled upon it tonight. You are so talented, the aprons are gorgeous, and the stars, oh how I love the stars!

Creations from my heart said...

Thanks for the kind words about me and the blog. Your aprons are beautiful.. Can you let me know what pattern it is. I so want to make one!!! Blessings...Sherry

Suzie said...

That is incredible! Your handiwork makes me want to wear an apron everyday. A different one every day.
You talented girl!

Gretchen said...

SOOO cute!! You are so domestic!! I love the idea of everyone having matching aprons! If I had any idea how to sew...and if we were having Thanksgiving with MY side of the family I would do that for sure, but since we aren't...I guess tht gives me a year to learn how to sew!!

tiburon said...

SUPER cute apron.

I don't even own A apron. let alone one that cute (said in my best Wayne Campbell)