Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday...


WoW! I have ALOT to be Thankful for this week... Here are just a few!


1. As stated in the previous post... cue the "I am Proud to be an American" anthem by Lee Greenwood. What an amazing week to see American Democracy in action. How exciting to be able to take part in 1- the whole election process 2- to see an American take the stage as a world icon (hopefully, for good this time). I am sure yesterday morning John McCain woke up with a small sigh of relief and Barack Obama woke up wondering what in the hell he had gotten himself into. It is a huge ugly job he has before him and I hope he can live up to a portion of the pressure that he is under. I am just glad to be in land of the free. I also keep thinking about all the people that have sacrificed, sometimes their very lives, to vote. I just saw "The Secret Lives of Bees" and Jennifer Hudson's character endures a ferocious beating, being jailed, and becoming a fugitive...just to register to vote. That movie took place ONLY 40 years ago. Not even to mention the woman's right to vote. All I can say is..."We've Come A Long Way, Baby". ( Thanks for that lovely slogan from Virginia Slims cigs... yikes)


2. Meggie is wearing boots. I know this sounds like a really stupid thing, but the battles have reduced quite a bit this week. Thank goodness the weather changed and her feet got too cold wearing flip-flops. She has hated shoes forever... she doesn't like ANYTHING on the back of her foot. Flip-flops rule then we wean into boots and then some winters we can even get a ballet flat on by about Thanksgiving...we'll see.


3. The weather is turning cold...YEAH! While in St. George last, I keep saying I needed to get back to where the leaves are red and the air is brisk...San Jorge just doesn't do it for me this time of year. We'll talk again in March.


4. I know I say it almost every Thursday, but I am so glad to be a blogger. I chatted with the cutest blogging friend, Sherry, on the phone. She has the blog Creations from my heart... and she is AMAZING! I got a really great pattern from her and emailed her a question and she called me back! Can you believe it? She is so cute and creative and soooooo super nice. This little blogosphere has just opened all sorts of new friendships.

5. Christmas Music- Yesterday I was making aprons and I was rockin' out to Kenny G... Nice easy listening Christmas music.. I figure after Halloween the Christmas music is fair game. I can only listen to it by myself until about Dec. 5th. My man can handle it for only so long.

6. My boys haven't fought for about 2 days. This is HUGE. Mitch even helped Jacks with his math homework last night....(yes, because it was too hard for me) I think we are on the brink of some kind of miracle. Cross your fingers...


7. My life is pretty good- Somedays I am crazy...somedays social...somedays busy...somedays very lazy. I don't want to sound like I am posting from "Seriously, So Blessed" but things are good. I could be a lot richer, skinnier, cuter, more organized, more patient, etc. etc.... but it is good to have goals...

8. Thanks to the 4 or 5 of you that read this little rambling & stoke my ego I appreciate your comments and friendships!




14 comments:

tiburon said...

Super fantastic list! Love that Meg goes from flip-flops to boots.

You crack me up and I am glad you are in my blogosphere :)

Tiffany said...

I'm kicking myself for not going out yesterday and buying newspapers! Yes, this is an amazing time. I heard someone on TV the other day saying that the wonderful thing about America is her ability to change, to right the wrongs of her past. Hurray!

Andrea W. said...

Great stuff! I'm so with Meg, this transition to wearing socks and shoes is a rough one!

Anonymous said...

I admire and adore you!

I think you are an amazing person, wife, friend, mother and blogger!

Here's to Meg wearing boots and the boys not fighting!

tammy said...

Fabulous list. Kids not fighting is huge! And blogging friends, I could list that as a blessing every single day.

Amy said...

Duh... I didn't even think about being sick I didn't buy newspapers. Now... I am. Mybe my mother who never throws them away for days will save me on this one. I know the Daily Spectrum has some profound wisdom on the subject. YIKES!

rachel said...

Great list! I am like Meg and loathe having to finally put my my flip flops in the closet :(

Vanessa said...

I'm with Meg. How can anyone see my way cute glitter toes with big 'ole boots covering them?

Mia said...

I so dig Christmas music. I am one of those people who listen to it way early and way late. It just makes me happy! I love the rest of your list too.

Anonymous said...

Great thankfuls! I too love and adore Christmas music! I loved living in Utah where they start to play it about mid-nov.

Mindi said...

i am trying to make the transition to boots. but i'm struggling. that means i have to find socks. which is almost too much work for me. so it's still flip flops.

wow. not that anyone cares.
time to go to bed.

Jodi and Mandi said...

I love reading your blog. You always make me smile. It's just what I need in the morning. I changed my blog to private so if you would like to take a peak at it send me your email address to toddnjodi4@comcast.net

AKA Parsons

Gretchen said...

Amy I love to look at your blog. It is always one of the first that I click on. You have always got some great words of wisdom, or great FUN things on. I wish I had a little more of you in me!! You are ALWAYS up to fun things.

Anonymous said...

I have been visiting you for a little while and I'm happy to do so! I enjoy your blog! I'm new to blogging too and I can see that it will take quite some time to build up a following. (Also, I'm just learning so my content needs improvement but I'll get there.) YOU are doing great though! Keep it up!