1. As stated in the previous post... cue the "I am Proud to be an American" anthem by Lee Greenwood. What an amazing week to see American Democracy in action. How exciting to be able to take part in 1- the whole election process 2- to see an American take the stage as a world icon (hopefully, for good this time). I am sure yesterday morning John McCain woke up with a small sigh of relief and Barack Obama woke up wondering what in the hell he had gotten himself into. It is a huge ugly job he has before him and I hope he can live up to a portion of the pressure that he is under. I am just glad to be in land of the free. I also keep thinking about all the people that have sacrificed, sometimes their very lives, to vote. I just saw "The Secret Lives of Bees" and Jennifer Hudson's character endures a ferocious beating, being jailed, and becoming a fugitive...just to register to vote. That movie took place ONLY 40 years ago. Not even to mention the woman's right to vote. All I can say is..."We've Come A Long Way, Baby". ( Thanks for that lovely slogan from Virginia Slims cigs... yikes)
2. Meggie is wearing boots. I know this sounds like a really stupid thing, but the battles have reduced quite a bit this week. Thank goodness the weather changed and her feet got too cold wearing flip-flops. She has hated shoes forever... she doesn't like ANYTHING on the back of her foot. Flip-flops rule then we wean into boots and then some winters we can even get a ballet flat on by about Thanksgiving...we'll see.
3. The weather is turning cold...YEAH! While in St. George last, I keep saying I needed to get back to where the leaves are red and the air is brisk...San Jorge just doesn't do it for me this time of year. We'll talk again in March.
4. I know I say it almost every Thursday, but I am so glad to be a blogger. I chatted with the cutest blogging friend, Sherry, on the phone. She has the blog Creations from my heart... and she is AMAZING! I got a really great pattern from her and emailed her a question and she called me back! Can you believe it? She is so cute and creative and soooooo super nice. This little blogosphere has just opened all sorts of new friendships.
5. Christmas Music- Yesterday I was making aprons and I was rockin' out to Kenny G... Nice easy listening Christmas music.. I figure after Halloween the Christmas music is fair game. I can only listen to it by myself until about Dec. 5th. My man can handle it for only so long.
6. My boys haven't fought for about 2 days. This is HUGE. Mitch even helped Jacks with his math homework last night....(yes, because it was too hard for me) I think we are on the brink of some kind of miracle. Cross your fingers...
7. My life is pretty good- Somedays I am crazy...somedays social...somedays busy...somedays very lazy. I don't want to sound like I am posting from "Seriously, So Blessed" but things are good. I could be a lot richer, skinnier, cuter, more organized, more patient, etc. etc.... but it is good to have goals...
8. Thanks to the 4 or 5 of you that read this little rambling & stoke my ego I appreciate your comments and friendships!