Monday, November 10, 2008

He's here... Baby Briggs!

Finally 36 weeks and the baby boy is here! Yeah! Saturday my little sister, Brandy had her baby. The doctor said she could go off her medication on Saturday because she would be 36 weeks... she didn't take the last dose on Friday... went out on a date ( first time in a restaurant in 7 weeks) had contractions went to the hospital and had a baby by 9:00 Saturday morning. Easy Breezy. The baby weighed 5 lbs 3 oz and was 17 inches long...TINY! They went home from the hospital Sunday night. All is well that ends well. I just don't think she is going to have ANY more kids. His big brother wanted to name him "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog" , but they decided on the 2nd choice of Briggs. So Baby Briggs is home and doing well. I am sure he will have some more surviving to do with his older brother, Jace. I told Brandy to practice the 4 words I said constantly when Jacks was born..."GET OFF YOUR BROTHER" I will post a photo later. I am so glad that she was able to wait and that he was born healthy. One thing is for sure.. she sure isn't going to want to have a long re-coop time. She has had it with bed rest. She can't wait to clean and work and decorate... she won't take the baby anywhere for a while- but is way to ready to get up and go. I am dying to get down there and see the little man- he is so dang cute. Yeah! Congrats to Brandy and Ryan and Jace on their new little boy!

13 comments:

tammy said...

So glad everything turned out okay. I know from experience she is feeling great now. I love the tiny babies as long as they're healthy - no episiotomy, not as much pain - I think I was shopping within two days of having my 4lb baby. Congratulations to her!

Vanessa said...

hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog. . .thats funny!

rachel said...

So glad that alls well that ends well! What a long and stressful process but good things come in small packages, right :)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that all is well and that he's here safe, sound and most importantly, healthy!

Love the name!

Letti said...

Congratulations I am glad that everything turned out so well. I can't wait to see pictures of teh little guy.

PS I love his name.

Holly H. said...

Congrats to your sister! Glad all went well.

tiburon said...

Congratulations! Glad everything is okay :)

Judi said...

I am glad to hear he has arrived safe and sound & that your sister is doing well too! Congrats to all!

Anonymous said...

On a different note...have I told you exactly how much I la-la-la-love good mail?!?! I am tickled pink and in LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being an auntie all over again!

Mia said...

Awww Congratulations!!

Lillian J. Banks said...

Yes! One less thing to stress over now that he is here safe and sound!! Good job Auntie- helping him get here safe :)

Mindi said...

congrats to brandi and ryan!! where are the photos??

did ryan cut the cord? with his teeth?