Monday, December 8, 2008

Fa-la-la-la-la..la-la-la-love to decorate for the Holidays!

Well here are a few snaps of my Christmas decor this year. I have had my tree decorated since before Thanksgiving...but I just hate to take photos because my pictures always look so bad. New Years Resolution #1: Learn how to take better photos!

This is my entry way table with a little view into the family room. I love my new candles and stockings. Fun...kindof whimsical with a little splash of color. As you can see.. most of my stuff is all bronze and gold...not a real bright traditional theme!

Here is another shot of my entry table. I just love using apothecary jars to decorate...especially during Christmas and winter. It is very important for me to have the entry way looking festive... it is sometimes the only part of the house people see...plus it is the first impression ( and an easy area to keep clean)

My mantel... the wise men are one of my very favorite decorations. This picture does not do them justice.. they are all about 14" tall. They are the best!


Here is my tree ( well most of it anyways...the bottom is cut off) It is 12' tall and slim so I could fit it in the space available... 12 feet and skinny makes for a tipsy turvy tree. Meggie and I went to St. George a few days before Caylor and the boys showed up... he called and told me my tree tipped over... I was totally stressed. He was teasing me! NOT FUNNY! The big ornament hanging from the ceiling is also one of my favs! If I stand it in front of me it goes to my chest... it is almost 5 feet tall. LOVE IT!


My wreath that is on my door. Right now I am really wishing Mother Nature would "Let it Snow"... I've got snowboarders that are dying to hit the slopes...plus my yard is all dead and ugly- it needs to be covered up and look like a winter wonderland!

Meggie's trees in her room. I loved the cheetah- black and red theme. That is what color her room is! You can't really tell...but the ornaments are purses, shoes, crowns, and dresses. So girly and cute! She loves having them in her room.


That was just a few of my decorations... maybe I will post more photos later of other areas. I have got two parties this weekend and I will show photos of them too. This really is the most wonderful time of the year!
p.s. If you are reading this... leave a comment. If you like my decorations..leave a comment. If you spit on my decorations leave a comment. I have been on a vacay from blogging so I need a few comments to motivate me back. Come on people... show me some holiday love!



26 comments:

tammy said...

Looks fabulous. I know pictures don't do it justice. I tried taking pictures of mine, and it looks so much better in person. I'm sure it looks amazing in real life. I've been trying to find a little something for you, but I can't find anything that is Amy worthy. I'm still looking!

Vanessa said...

Looks like you had fun at the Festival of the Trees. Oh. . .wait, thats your house.

My Christmas decor=ghetto compared to yours. But, I have been spraying everything with glitter, so does that count?

Chanda said...

Wow - impressive. It looks really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Amy, it's beautiful! I love the colors and how you decorated...it's so you!

rachel said...

OMG! so gorgeous....I wouldn't have expected anything less from the fabulous you :)

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous!! Can I come stay at your house? Nice job!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

Beautiful!

Dolly said...

That was soooo fun to read and see! Thanks for sharing your amazing decorations with us-♥

Da Bergs said...

Where to start??? I love it all!!! I LOVE your big ornament hanging from the ceiling by your tree! I want one!!! I love your daughters tree... purses and shoe etc!! HOW FUN!!! Merry Christmas! AND, DO post more pics!!!

Michelle said...

Great pictures! Truly do love all of your Christmas decor. So glad I am one of the lucky ones to see your amazing tree in "real life." It really is true...the pictures don't do it justice! So excited to be your new visiting teaching companion!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Beautiful! I need to hire you.


Happy Bloglidays! ;)

tiburon said...

Wowsa!!

I will never show pictures of anything in my house ever again.

GORGEOUS!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous! I love the giant hanging ornament!

Andrea W. said...

So pretty and so festive. I love how festive you are. I don't know where you get your energy!

StubbsFamily said...

I would love to see more pic of your home, I need some motivation to finish mine up.

Devri said...

Wow sistah- That is amazing..

I love that you put trees in you DD's room. Do the boys get one? Do they really care, I wouldn't think so, but who knows.. you are amazing lady. We are decorating our Charlie Brown tree tonight..

Unknown said...

Holy PRETTY! You did a great job. RC Willey has nothin' on you.

AnneMarie said...

Girl you rock it!! The decorations are out of this world beautiful! love it!! Wish I wave my magic wand and get some of that Christmas Cheer over my way.

Margo said...

Amy,
I love reading your blog and seeing what you are up to! Your Christmas decorations are GORGEOUS! I wish I had your flair for decorting but alas...I don't!
Happy Holidays to you and the family!

Brooke Akins said...

I love how you did your tree its so beautiful! Where did you get that giant ornament thou? I would love to get one myslef!!

Brooke

Unknown said...

All i can saw is wow. Love your style. Wish I had a smidgen of your creativity.

btw...got the calendar via Vanessa.
Thanks so much!

Have a great holiday!

Holly H. said...

So cute Amy! you have the cutest house ever!

Unknown said...

Just dropping by, saw a link off Mindi's blog. Love your decorations! They're great.

Gretchen said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous!! You are such a great decorator!! Come help me PLEASE!! You must be a busy little Christmas partier because it is not like you to go a week without a post!!

Misty said...

Wow, I am thoroughly impressed. I am just lucky to have Christmas decor up this year...thanks to my hubby and mom. Merry Christmas Amy!

Anonymous said...

Wow fabulous pictures. Great decorations. Everything looks grand!