Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Roll out the holly... Here are all my Christmas loves!


Here is a little Christmas tag that has been floating around the blogosphere... It was really fun- play along if you want...

Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love gift bags for birthdays and quick presents...but nothing says Christmas more than a beautifully wrapped presents that match the tree. Lots of ribbon... I like to say you can give a dumb gift if it wrapped great. I wrap a present like I own the ribbon mill...lots and lots of ribbon!

Real or Artificial tree? Growing up in St. George we had to hurry to unwrap the presents before all the needles were off the tree... and then out went the tree. I am a total artificial girl... plus who knows how to string 2500 lights anymore?

When do you put up the tree? The last 2 years it has been up the second week in November because we always go South for Thanksgiving and I want it in when I get home. This year it was the Thursday before Thanksgiving before it was up and decorated. Yeah. I know I am a slacker!
When do you take the tree down? When the kids go back to school and I can just un-decorate the house myself.


Do you like Eggnog? Yeah... I would really like it with a little something something in it...


Favorite gift received as a child? My playhouse when I was about 8. My parents kept telling me to go outside to get wood... I went out 4 times before I noticed the 2 story playhouse in my backyard. It was great! There were a lot of crazy times in that playhouse... now it is my parent's pool house.


Hardest person to buy for? My parents... What to buy someone that buys what they want and has everything... plus they don't want presents... LAME!


Easiest person to buy for? The kids... they are spoiled rotten!


Do you have a nativity scene? or three? Plus I have 3 wisemen that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!


Mail or email Christmas cards? For sure...MAILED! I love getting cards and pictures and especially the goofy little letters that brag up the family. I love Christmas mail!


Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My birthday is on the 29th of December and the Christmas I was turning 16 my sister said she new what I was getting... She wouldn't tell me, but she would give me hints... It is black, has four wheels, and doesn't have a top. My parents knew I wanted a black convertible Cabriolet... Jody had me knowing that was what I was getting. On Christmas morning my dad said... Amy, I think there is one more present outside in the driveway. I was so happy I ran right out...only to find a freaking black horse with a cow that is on 4 wheels shoved under it. My dad went to the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas and got a little tipsy and spendy at Cowboy Christmas and thought since I am so allergic to horses it would be fun to get me one I could ride. A roller roper! It is a life size horse that you sit on and kick this lever and calf rolls out. The purpose is to practice your roping. I am not a roper! I cried ALOT that day... I know what a brat. Jody laughed her butt off! It wasn't funny!


Favorite Christmas Movie? Is there any other movie besides...CHRISTMAS VACATION?


When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? YES... enough said!

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Treats!

Lights on the tree? Only about a million!


Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night... if I could sing this is what it would be.


Travel at Christmas or stay home? Since my kids are big we stay home. Taking Santa's sleigh down south and then dragging it all back home was a bummer. Now we just go after Christmas and celebrate New Years with our family and friends.


Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yeah... if I sing the song!


Angel on the tree top or a star? a big old blob of ribbon with flowers and things shooting out... that sounds yucky, but it looks good!

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? same as the rest of the world... PJs Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas Day.


Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The craziness I make... not just enjoying the season.


Favorite ornament theme or color? Well... I usually love traditional red and green, but my tree is all gold and brown and copper...not so Christmasy. Meg's tree is red and gold and cheetah...so cute! Maybe next year I will go bright red and lime downstairs... who knows.


Favorite for Christmas dinner?The traditional... love the Christmas ribbon jello...but I am sometimes jello impaired and it never turns out...


What do you want for Christmas this year? Whatever it is ... I will probably buy it and Caylor will be so surprized when I open it and it is from him. He is so good to me... he gives me whatever I buy... I mean want.


Sorry this was so long... it was fun to do.
I tag anyone who wants to play along!

11 comments:

Devri said...

You are so delicious fabuloso.. yeah that is a word..

I really do love coming to your blog you have such great posts. This one is fun but no time to do it.. So even know you don't come to my blog, I will tell you here.

Christmas up and shining, ribbon too many to count, lights well lets just say I win....

have a great holiday girl...

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see you back, I have missed you. BTW, I finally, yes, FINALLY got to the post office today and got your little somethin' in the mail-so be watchin' for it! I want pictures of your house all decked out, will you post some?!?

I did my traditional purple and red on the tree and I am doing bronze and golds else where too around the house. Love those colors!

rychelle said...

this is a fun tag. i did it on my blog today too.

Suzie said...

what a totally fun tag.
still laughing about the four-wheeled black thing with no top.
AHHHHA! oh. sorry.
and FYI I am jello impaired as well.

Suzie said...

photos of your tree, please!

tammy said...

Totally laughing about your worst present. That is so funny. And I'm not sure, but I think a requirement of making it to the Celestial Kingdom is being able to make that jello. Oh well, at least you'll be with me.

Vanessa said...

I hope we can still be friends. I just barely got my tree decorated and its Dec. 3rd.

Dolly said...

My sister in-law told her son on his 16th b-day to go over to the church parking lot for his present! :) All of his friends were there standing around six "matchbox cars"-parked! She told him he could pick any car he wanted!! ha!!ha! I laughed-♥

Mandi Shandi said...

Love this tag! I'll have to tackle it later tonight when I have a little more time. Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for an award, so hop over and check it out. I just love your blog. Hope you had a great holiday!

Mindi said...

glad to see that you aren't dead. or chopped up and stuffed into the drywall.

not that i think caylor would do that........really.

tiburon said...

LOVE this tag :)

I have missed you terribly. :)