Wednesday, January 21, 2009

44!

Yesterday...WOW! What a day. Now, remember a few things... * I am a history major (aka major history nerd) * I don't want to get all political on my blog * I am a media junkie!
Add those things together and it makes yesterday a GREAT day.
There are a few things I know for sure...
I was a witness to history...
I couldn't turn the TV off... even watching and hearing the same things over and over again.
George W. Bush slept better last night than he has in 8 years!
President and Laura Bush were very regal...left proud.
The crowd sucked towards Pres. Bush!
Barack and Michelle Obama were amazing!
I can't help but wonder why anyone would really want this job...

Loved watching them at the Inaugural Balls... I think they are perfect for each other!

Can these two be any cuter? I loved the matching coats and scarves...
It cracked me up how everyone was so impressed that they were very affordable from J. Crew... Part of me wanted them to be totally decked out... their dad is being sworn in as the leader of the free world for heaven's sake! I wanted fur and diamonds...yeah- right!
My friend Kamari's little boy Max heard their ages and said, " Mom, I could date the President's daughters!" If there is one thing that Barack Obama has shown... it is
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
Good Luck, Max!
Meg and I were talking about how little Sasha Obama is her same age... Meg said, " Wow, She is my age and she lives in the White House! Her dad is the President of the United States! I think my dad should try-out for that job!"
No Thanks, Meg!
We like to live the quiet normal little life we live!
I can tell from the last Obama post I did there aren't many fans... ( 5 comments that day), but history was made, change can be good, and Michelle Obama's clothes were great!
That is political as I will get for a long long time...



12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It was a lovely day!

Vanessa said...

The kids did look cute!

Mandi Shandi said...

I too am a history nerd and media junkie. I was glued to the tv all day. No matter how I voted the fact that history was made is non negotiable. Their girls are gorgeous and they looked like they had a great time at the balls. Loved it!

Amy said...

Things get very quite for me too, whenever I talk/blog about Obama. Oh well.

tammy said...

One of my boys said, "Wait, their kids will live in the white house?" and then another said he wanted to live there, so I told him there was only one way for that to happen, thinking he would have to grow up and be president, but he said "Yeah, I'd have to break in." It was pretty funny.

It will be fun to watch their girls.

hannie bailey said...

I AM a fan.

Melanie said...

I'm actually an Obama fan!

Tiffany said...

I was equally enthralled. He was my pick from early on, and I'm excited about his ability to lead the country to better times.

rachel said...

I couldn't stop watching (& crying,shh don't tell anyone) all day. I am so happy and full of hope. I LOVE that the Obama's are not flashing wealth at this time when everyone is struggling. Just another reason why I am glad he is taking over right now.

Mindi said...

i think barack obama is gonna shut down all the churches and schools and kill the babies.

and i'm so scared.

Anonymous said...

I agree there wasn't a whole lot of blogging going on Tuesday and Wednesday so obviously there are a lot of people who are not so optimistic.

Kendra said...

Amy -
I just came across your blog on Jan'L sappington's. Your family is so cute and I was so excited to find your blog because you have always cracked me up =) We LOVE Obama and are alone in that love down here in Dixie. I will totally be following your blog now.
Kendra