Friday, January 16, 2009

I love it... but I hate it!

I am involved in a love hate relationship: My laundry room... I love it, but I hate it! Last week Tammy posted the question about laundry rooms, front load washer and dryers, etc. My laundry room is one of my favorite in my house... yet the one I hate the most! When I was building my house I was certain I needed a big laundry/work station/etc... Now it isn't Mindi's gigantic laundry room/craftroom/20X20 masterpiece... but it is more than a closet. The problem with having it bigger than a closet is...it can become a mess that is much larger than a closet. In fact, Tammy inspired me to clean it up and blog about it. Caylor came home from work yesterday and walked in the laundry room and then walked out with a dazed look on his face...he said, "Amy, did you know there were two counter-tops in the laundry room?" VERY FUNNY! Let's just say I just cleaned up the explosion called Christmas.
I love my Costco clothes bins... I actually had my cabinets built around them. I have two sets, one on each side of my washer & dryer... The cabinet builder thought I was a crack-head when I brought them to his shop to be measured so they would for sure fit UNDER the counter-top.
When I decided to do a blog I was wondering what to call it... I was doing laundry and BAM- inspiration struck! I have the vinyl lettering "A little of this & a little of that" above my washer and dryer... TADA- My blog is named! It is a good thing there is some inspiration happening in there because laundry has a hard time happening.


Here is one of my favorite things about my laundry room... anyone who is a ribbon whore, I mean someone who likes ribbon, needs one of these little babies! It is the ribbon holder from ROD WORKS. Best money I have ever spent... I have just taken all my Christmas ribbon off and added my everyday ribbon. It can hold like 45 spools of ribbon. AMAZING! This was a crazy little tour around the room I love, yet hate in my house. When it is clean and laundry free...LOVE IT! When it is "loaded" I hate it...but the good things is- there is a door and I can just walk out, turn off the light and shut it out from the rest of the world. The bad things is... this happens too often.
Here is my question to you... Do you have a love/hate realtionship going on with something in your house... if so... do share! Let it out!

19 comments:

rachel said...

I covet your laundry room...it is beautimous :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

It really is a beautiful room, you are a lucky girl.

My issue is with my front loader. Do you feel like you need to leave the door open on your washer to let it air out? I like that it uses less water and that it is easier on clothes, but I always have to wipe out the water that gets stuck.

Amy said...

Yes... I have to leave the door ajar... or else it smells yucky. But, the fact that I can cram most all of my towels in one batch makes up for that fact! I hate laundry so bad.. and these cut it in half! Now... why does it take me so long to do?

tammy said...

Love it! I had no idea Rod Works had a ribbon holder. I must have one. As soon as I saw your wall, I was wondering which came first - the blog or the saying on the wall.

Do I have a love/hate room? Probably my front room. I love the openness of it and it's soaring two story ceilings, but I also hate those two story ceilings because I feel like everything I put in that room gets dwarfed. And how in the hell am I ever going to clean up that high?

tammy said...

Oh and I haven't made my board yet. But thanks for the info!!

tammy said...

Hi..me again....I keep forgetting to tell you I finally read Confessions of a Shopaholic. Loved it! I just ordered the others. I could so relate to her justifications in what she purchased.

Tiffany said...

I have a major crush on your laundry room. And your ribbon holder. And your counter space. And, and, and...

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I think it's great and it's so you! I told Tammy that mine is still a work in progress, it's not quite as big as I'd like it to be but I need to decorate it more. I just haven't found something that says this is it!

How's project 365 coming along?

I called and left a message a few days ago, did you not get it?

Mandi Shandi said...

LOVE your laundry room. The vinyl letters are great, but that spool for ribbon, OH MY! I will be getting one of those!

Da Bergs said...

Your laundry room is great! I love it! I also love the "A little of this and a little of that" sign! WHERE did you get THAT??!!!

Vanessa said...

I just can't believe how small and cramped it is. JUST KIDDING!!!!! I would die for a laundry room like that. Funny you should ask what our love/hate room is, its my laundry room. I hate it, way tooooo small and with everyone's coats, shoes and crap, I can barely find my way to the washer!

Collette said...

way to go- it looks great! i think i love/hate every room in my house. one second i have it clean the next it is a mess!

Suzie said...

I am in love with your room. I totally want to marry it. and that ribbon holder I'll have an affair with twice a month.

Suzie said...

oh. and the thing I love and hate is that my father-in-law is living with us.
love the time spent with he and the kids (he's getting up there) but my secks life has taken a HIT!

TMI, I am sure.

Creations from my heart said...

Your room looks great! I love my laundry room...My husband did it for me. If I have to do laundry it must be a nice room. I only wish it was larger. Like you I was picky about the laundry bins. I had my husband build pull out bins with cabinet door fronts. Here is my post on it. Come take a look.

http://creationsfrommyheart.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-aprons-have-new-home.html
Blessings...Sherry

Mindi said...

HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN WANTING YOU TO POST THIS???

good girl.

your laundry room rocks.

tiburon said...

I am beyond jillious of the laundry room. I could live in there.

Margo said...

I hate my whole entire house...does that count? I don't love even one single thing about it...there I said it! It was built in like 1959 and we are not done remodeling after living there for almost 8 years...so there you have it. I covet your house...even just to have your laundry room would make me happy!

Misty said...

I may or may not be a ribbon whore too! PS - your laundry room is awesome.