Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Touched my Heart...

This week I have had the opportunity to see life from a different perspective...
My dear friend's daughter placed a baby for adoption.
I went to the hospital and saw her darling daughter, the precious baby, and even got to meet the new adoptive mother.
It was such an amazing thing... I am just awestruck at the maturity and graciousness of this most perfect gift.
I watched as the new adoptive mom held and primped and loved that baby...
I was so excited for her.... She is amazing! The perfect pick!
I then watched as the birth mom held and looked, and just loved that baby.
My heart has been breaking for two days, yet happy and proud at the same time.
Adoption is such a miracle!
I truly believe it is another part of God's plan in creating families.
I am praying for the darling sweet young girl... as her body and soul heals and her future is bright!
I am also celebrating for the adoptive family and their new joy.
I am glad that I had a glimpse into this situation... it was amazing and heart wrenching and wonderful all at the same time!
There are such selfless people in the world...
This 19 year old girl taught me a huge lesson.
I aspire to be as good!

11 comments:

Martha H. said...

Thanks for sharing. I love happy adoption stories.

mCat said...

This one hits pretty close to home. Tears. Thanks for sharing

Cole said...

I became a mother at 18. I am brought to tears at the LOVE and STRENGTH it takes for a mother to bring a child into the world and then share him/her with another family.

Anonymous said...

What a sight to witness first handedly, thanks for sharing!

Tiffany said...

My family has been blessed by such generosity. Thanks for sharing this.

Vanessa said...

What a great experience for you and everyone involved!

Sue said...

Giving up a baby for adoption is one of the most unselfish gestures one can make.

I saw my sister do it many yrs. ago

Truly..a difficult but loving gift of the heart.

tammy said...

I'm crying now.

What an amazing thing to witness. I have so much respect for girls that choose to give their babies up for adoption. What an amazing gift to give another couple.

Can you believe I offered to adopt my best friend's grandaughter about six months ago? Circumstances made it so she decided not to place it for adoption, but for awhile there I was thinking new baby.

kado! said...

adoptions sure have changed in 30 years...I have NO record of who my birth mom is because things were done SO secretively...now days almost all of them are open and talked about. Great story.

Mindi said...

i must be premenstral. wtf?

Positively Creative! said...

I too was adopted at age 8 and was done as "closed adoption", and also had a sis. give a child up at 16, I got pregnant at 18 and vowed that I would give my child the best life I could even though it was against other's views....and I did, and I am proud of the outcome of my child's life. I think it truly comes within the mother who is making the choice that is the right one for both of them...because even though it is unselfish to give your baby to a family in a "right" situation, doesn't always make it the "right" choice.
I had terrible feelings as a child being adopted....but I do know that the outcome is different for everybody...and that God has a plan for everyone, and for those who cannot give birth to have thier families....it is a blessing!