Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A new nickname...

As a kid growing up in the 70's I loved watching the re-runs of BEWITCHED!
Samantha and Darrin were the best! I wanted to be Tabitha or at least be named Tabitha! Endora and all the rest of the kooky witches and warlocks made my summer days.
I tend to talk in allusions... brief references to known things.
When I taught school this was a problem, because the kids didn't know the "things" I was referencing... they would look at me like I had 14 heads and then I would have to explain myself.
Anyway...
I have a new nickname... compliments of Margie, Megan, & Brooke Aslett...
GLADYS KRAVITZ
I can see my neighbor Margie's house from my front window so I can keep tabs on her.
I would say things like... "I was being Mrs. Kravitz and waited for you to be home before I called"... "or... I saw Brooke and Megan doing blah blah blah"
Not really checking up on them, but as I sit at my computer I look right at their house.
There aren't strange things going on like at the Steven's house...
but...
I have earned the nickname of Gladys.
Even a friend that I met through Margie and her girls calls me Gladys.- in fact, she called me Glitterific Gladys.
It kind of cracks me up.

9 comments:

Martha H. said...

That's funny.

I loved watching Bewitched reruns during the summer months.

I thought Samantha was fabulous. It made me wish I was a witch so I could quickly get my chores done.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That's funny! I feel bad for people that don't know who Gladys is because she was truly classic.

Today in the ER I quoted a line from Top Gun all day long. My co-workers thought I was nuts. We were so busy all day and everytime the doc wanted something done I would pop off with "negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full"

Love your blog.

tammy said...

That is so funny. If the name fits....

My favorite cousin was named Tabitha. And she could wiggle her nose.

Anonymous said...

http://tormentedinhiding.blogspot.com/

An anonymous St. George blogger who loves your blog.

Refreshing to read a "happy" blog from an upbeat blogger who has the ability to spread so much sunshine!

Thanks for the boost...

tiburon said...

It has a nice ring to it.

You might need some monogrammed towels...

mCat said...

Bewtiched after school was a staple! Right before MASH.

And I totally have a Gladys in my neighborhood. But she is not gitterific. Like you. I want you to be my neighborhood Gladys.

Mandi Shandi said...

That is hilarious! I also loved Bewitched so I immediately got the reference. You are much cuter than Gladys though, so glitterific Gladys works!

Anonymous said...

I was also a huge fan of Bewitched, I remember wishing I could wiggle my nose to get things done, too.

I think the name glitterific Gladys is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh Gladys we love you! I am so sad I missed lunch with you today!
love Brooke!