Monday, August 10, 2009

CKU... What a trip!

Saturday night I returned home from living a rockstar life!
I went to CKU with the talented Margie Romney-Aslett...
Now, I knew she was famous because I googled her and found out she had her own shirt.
But... I didn't realize how famous she really was and how famous her friends were.
Let me tell you... She knows people... and people know her!
(And worship her)
All kidding aside, I had a wonderful time. I met some great people and really enjoyed my 2 day mini-vacay!
I took Miss Margie a glitter cup and everyone at CKU went wild!
I think the glitter cup rage has reared up again... it had a celebrity endorsement!
The most hilarious part about the whole weekend was that I was hanging out with Scrapbooking royalty ( Tim Holtz, Debby Schuh, Elizabeth Karchner, Teresa Collins, etc...)and because I didn't even know who they were, I couldn't be star struck. We went out to dinner and people were sending over drinks and desserts to our table. Just like the movies... no kidding! They were all the Nicest, most creative people ever!
I had a great time and am so lucky Margie took me along to hold her purse...
(just kidding... inside joke!)

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

What do I have to do to get one of those cups?

Sounds like an AMAZING time!

(and I don't know who any of those people are either, guess I'm out of the scrapbooking loop)

tammy said...

I don't know who any of those people are since I refuse to scrap, but if you had fun then I'm glad!

p.s. I think Vanessa needs a cup.

Debby Schuh said...

It was so nice to meet you, Gladys! We had a blast, didn't we?!

Anonymous said...

I am so very envious! How fun!

Judi said...

I am so jealous! and I still want/need a glitter cup, when are you taking orders again?

Collette said...

looks like fun, love the new look of your blog! so are you up for the big movie out this friday? i am seeing it on friday for sure even if i have to go by myself!

margie said...

Gladys Gladys Gladys...
it was only MY pleasure to have you with me!
So much fun...
kiss kiss
m

Shannon said...

Hey sweet pea! Haven't blog hopped in AWHILE!
So does it make me a dork or super cool that I know who ell of these people are?! I've met a few of them over the years!

tiburon said...

Sooo funny. I used to work for Creating Keepsakes..

Misty Alderson said...

Ok so about those ADORABLE glitter cups!! I saw on the glittericous blog you once had instructions are those avl. for purchase/download or via email? SO STINKIN CUTE your blog is adorable I am glad I found it! Scottmisty3@sbcglobal.net Please share!!! I have Sweet 1 coming up for my daughter and I think these would be AMAZING & FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok so totally dorked about these cups and my daughter is turning 16 she would die if she saw I typoed 1---too funny. Misty Alderson :0P

gette143 said...

Could I please buy the info on how to make these cups. I had gastric bypass about 5 months ago and drink alot now. I always have a cup in my hand. I would love to have one of theses to go with the new me.

Thanks
Georegtte