Thursday, August 6, 2009

HANGOVER!

I am hung over!
I stayed up reading last night and now I am hungover!
When I was little this picture was in my grandma's house and I think it seriously affected me!
I go through phases in my life when I just can't seem to put books down.
I am in one right now...
I finished a hard read on Tuesday night, read most of another book yesterday... and then started another one about 9:00 and read until 2:00 am.
Why can't I get on a laundry binge... or an exercise binge... or something that is going to help the status of my house and butt?
I know I sound like such a slug to say that I think reading is my favorite sport- I am not a real athletic kind of girl.
I love the book To Kill A Mockingbird, and I totally relate to the statement Scout makes about reading... She couldn't remember not knowing how to read, it was like breathing.
I learned to read the month before I turned 4... I had a funny old great aunt that was a reading teacher at a middle school and she LOVED to teach kids to read.
I was a total NERD in Kindergarten, because I took the Children's Friend to read at recess.
I taught English for 10 years and loved it... nothing better than being constantly enrolled in a literature class!
But... don't think for a minute that I am a classics reader OR a self-help reader... NO WAY. I don't really like science fiction either. I am not quite a Harlequin Romance reader, but give me some stupid Chick Lit and I am all over it. Historical Lit is by far my favorite... remember I am a history nerd too!
Is this something that I could say is a disease and blame for my messy house and full hampers?
Do you think the Relief Society would come in and help me deal with the problems associated with my disease... ( ya know, clean my house while I read)
Today I am going to do 4 batches of laundry and whip through my house before I pick up the book I started last night... well maybe 2 batches of laundry!
Is there anyone else that is a book worm? If so, what have you read.
( I am almost out of books)

11 comments:

maerae said...

I am not a blogger but I love reading yours. I came across it just the other day.

My husband calls them my book comas. Nothing gets done when I am in a book. I just finished and found that by the end I loved it...Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah.

Lindsay said...

What are you reading right now? I'm always up for something new. Nate just rolls his eyes when I start a new book-he just knows that the house will go to trash and that he's in charge of every meal. My latest faves are by Jodi Picoult. LOVE HER.

Martha H. said...

I knew there was a reason why I liked you. I, too, am a book nerd. I devour books like they were air. I love all kinds of books. I let all other things slide, too, when I'm in the middle of a good story. I don't want to sleep or clean or do anything else.

Also, my mom had that picture in my room when I was a girl. Pretty sure it did the same damage to me. Always have to have my nose in a book.

Brandy said...

I love love love the new lay out please teach me how to do it!!!!!!!!!

tammy said...

First off, loving the new look.

Second, yes, I am a book worm too. We'll go to Lake Powell and I don't even care about the waterskiing. Just let me float on the boat, reading my book.

I am reading Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult right now, and just finished My Sister's Keeper because I wanted to read it before seeing the movie. I know you read the shopaholic books, but have you read any of the Shoe Addict books? They are funny, light reads too.

Vanessa said...

Reading? I know how.

Currently, I'm reading Marie Osmond's book. She bugs me. But, my mom gave it to me and I'm tired of looking at Marie's plastic face staring back at me. So I must get through it so I can pass it on to someone else.

Amanda said...

You are not the only one. I have actually stayed up all night reading before. Espescially if I'm in the middle of a series that I'm totally into. I read anything and everything. Right now I'm in the middle of The Host by Stephenie Myers.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love to read as well. I get anxious and agitated if I don't have a book to read.

Judi said...

one of my faves that I have read this summer is 'Encylopedia of an Ordianry Life'. It's fun and witty.
another I just finished is 'Love Walked In'. Not many books make me cry, but this one did.
If you enjoy Young Adult stuff, check out FabelHaven and Percy Jackson and the Last of the Olympians! These are a few I have read lately!

Anonymous said...

I only wish I could get into them more!

Malisa said...

Your reading habits and the books you like to read, was one of the first things that made me love you as a friend!!