Monday, August 3, 2009

An Update...

Whew! We have had the busiest summer of our lives!
I thought when we got back from Hawaii our lives would be settled a bit and we could relax in July... NOT SO! Today marks only the third -7 day stretch that I have been home this whole summer. July proved to be just as crazy! Here is what we have been up to lately...
We had the Tournament of Champions in Park City over the 24th of July weekend. Viv had the condo in Park City that week so all of my family reunited and had a great time. Cousins, bike rides, swimming, the Alpine Slide, puzzles, treats, and the Baja Cantina... it just doesn't get any better than that!
When we got home from Park City we had to hustle to get Mitch ready to go on TREK. The youth of our church went to Martin's Cove in Wyoming and participated in the whole pioneer thing for 4 days. I was excited for Mitch to go, but he wasn't as thrilled. I tried to tell him that it would be an amazing experience and he told me that boys don't have experiences, only girls do. WHATEVER! He had a great time- He said it was the hardest thing ever, but he was glad he went. I am very proud of him for being a good sport and going!
While Mitch was pulling a handcart... Jacks, Meg and I were going to movies, hanging out and enjoying a relaxing summer!

We were somewhat sad baseball is over. Mitch hung up his Crusher's jersey for good... next year he will try to play with the high school automotive team. soo...
Out with the old-

and, In with the NEW!
Today Mitch starts football season and it is a total commitment... practice everyday! So... no more trips or travel. We have got to wind the summer down, shop for school clothes, and get ready to be organized and structured again!
Yeah! It is the best time of year!
Football and new school clothes mean Fall... I just can't wait!

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

I bet its nice to finally be home and breathe!

Holly H. said...

Hi Amy! I can't believe it's been so long. Your family is adorable as ever. We too have been super busy and it really makes it feel like a 3 week summer rather than 3 months! Hope all is well! Have a great day! :)

tammy said...

I'm laughing at Mitch's comment.

I think my family was up at Park City around the same time. My parents have a condo there too.

Glad you're back. I've missed you.

mCat said...

I'm tired just reading and thinking of all that you have been doing.
We did trek with our youth in Wyoming a couple of years ago. Our two youngest were able to go, and it was AWESOME! Our stake is going again next summer and I hope I get to go again!!

kado! said...

Hey...I did TREK...and now I HATE camping!! ;)

....I LOVE that it is finally Football Season!!! Our first practice was yesterday!!! Can't wait to cheer at the first game!!!

JennyMac said...

I love Fall too! When it then 80 here instead of 90. LOL. Great pics, love that football one especially.

Brandy said...

I cant believe how big our Mitch looks in those football pads!!!!

Anonymous said...

It has been a particularly busy Summer, I too am looking forward to some Fall events but not Fall itself! Not yet, anyway.

How's your P365 coming along?!