Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Day to My MAN!

Wednesday 09.09.09 was Caylor's 39th birthday!
I was so into the fact that it was 09.09.09
He didn't think it was as amazing...
I guess a somewhat cool numbered birthday has rolled around every ten years for him... so he was over it.
Because I like to have a theme around most everything in my life... I decided to go with the obvious... 09.09.09 and the skull and cross bones thing...
I racked my brain thinking of things that had to do with the letter 9.
Here is what I came up with...
Dressed to the 9's- a new outfit. The tag said it was his new birthday suit.
You deserve the whole 9 yards- Some football things.. tickets, a poster, etc.
9 iron- don't laugh... a new iron and ironing board... he loves ironed clothes & he is a perfectionist ironer...
The tag said... You can't use this on the links... You won't holler FORE!
It keeps you looking o' so crisp.
someone we can't ignore!
9 love notes from your biggest fans- letters from us, my parents, his parents, boss, & best friend
Cloud 9- He loves chocolate chip cookies and Krispy Kremes
Love potion #9- cologne
I even got him some tattoo sleeves... because I am alway wanting him to get a tattoo and he always just laughs... maybe for the big 4-0?
So... My thinking on adding the skull and crossbones to everything that it can be on the poster this year and on the arm next... He told me to keep dreaming!
THe kids were excited to help me wrap and put it all out for him!
Earlier in the day I took cake and several posters to his office to announce that it was his big day! He was embarrassed by all the fuss...
We ended the evening by going out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.
Jackson was very disappointed when he wouldn't sit in the saddle as they announced his birthday.
The thing that was so dang funny was... Mindi's nice pic of Caylor...
It made its rounds on the blogosphere and the facebook circuit.
He thought with friends like that... who needs enemies!
So... my tough guy... skull and crossbones...humble businessman...fluffy bunny is now 39.
It was funny when on 9.10 I told him he DID look a day over 39.... I am such a comic genius!
He just rolled his eyes.
So... Happy Birthday ( two days late) to my man! HE is really the best thing that ever happened to me... If you don't believe me... just read my mom and dad's letter to him.
He is the best... I am one lucky lady!

12 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is sooooo cute! What a great birthday for him and awesome that he was 09-09-09 even if he didn't think so.

kado! said...

That is awesome! You sure know how to do up a Birthday!!! That is great stuff...and i love all the notes! Hope the day was perfect!

Kendra said...

Wow! Can you throw me a little birthday party??? You do everything so fabulous - I now know who to call when needing help with a birthday theme :)

Vanessa said...

You sure know how to do it! I appreciate all of the hard work you put into it :)

tammy said...

Can you just plan all my parties for me?

Courtney said...

So cute and I'm so sad this little baby didn't come on 09.09.09.

hannie bailey said...

Amy!! I miss you! That is so cool that his bday was all 9's! Ryan and I went out that night just to celebrate. No reason other than 9.9.09. Funny. Glad you had fun!

Mandi Shandi said...

SUCH A CUTE birthday idea. I love all of the thought you put into each and every part of his birthday. And that pic at the end, hilarious!

Mindi said...

i can't understand why i am friends with overachievers.

UNLESS it's for the fact that they are gonna help me out with my birthday shiz.

tiburon said...

What an awesome wife you are!

I hope Caylor had a Happy day :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow! I am coming to you with all of my consulting needs. That's just too cool!

Brandy said...

Love Mr. Big Bunny