Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday... The Halloween/ Fall decorations are up!

Thankful Thursday... All my Halloween/ Fall seasonals are up!
It was a crazy day, but I got it all done...
&
didn't break my neck with all the acrobatics I was doing on the ladder hanging the stuff from the ceiling! My guardian ghoul was watching...( guardian angel Halloween style)
This is my armoire... there is a witchy side and a boo side...
The witchy side.... all orange and black.
This is what started my Halloween decor two years ago. I had never decorated for Halloween until I saw these cute jars in a store and thought, " A little bit of Halloween wouldn't hurt."... now I have got mostly Halloween and I am loving it!
My "BOO" side... a few skulls and other haunted mansion type things...
My mantel... This year I made the "All Hallows Eve" banner...
it was a fun project! Plus I got a few new skulls.... You can never have too many skulls laying around your house!
p.s. my candelabra now has bright purple candles and it looks much better...

My FAVORITE new Halloween addition... "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!"
I saw this sign at Dear Lizzy and LOVED it!
I reminds me of teaching English... every year my classes would study Edgar Allan Poe and then we would read "The Raven"... I sure wish my name was LeNore, righ about now!
That is all my Halloween stuff...
Mitch told me I had WAY overdecorated, Caylor said he felt haunted, Jacks thought I had lost it... & Meg loves it!
What do those boys know anyways?
Below is all my Fall decor...

20 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOVE IT!

Martha H. said...

So fun! Totally makes me want to decorate.

Super cute stuff you've got there.

I love fall!!!

The Patrona said...

I can already FEEL the festivities! They look soooo fun.

Now will there be a witches brew???

Chanda said...

I love it! Absolutely beautiful. You have a real talent for that stuff.

tammy said...

It all looks fabulous as usual. You've got me beat. I'm still trying to recover from my vacay, but I did manage to pull a few fall things out. Next week will come the Halloween.

Suzie said...

Looks completely fantastic.
LOVE IT!

kado! said...

looks great!

I ♥ the Poe sign! awesome!

Positively Creative! said...

You are seriously the "Queen of Halloween!" I love those hanging ornaments idea..so cute..I might have to copy..lol!

Sonya said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I don't think you went over-the-top. In fact, I thought this was really tastefully done! Where did you get the "All Hallows Eve" banner? Did you make it yourself?

I just wrote a blog article on Halloween decorations, too. Check it out! http://blog.sticviews.com/?p=765

tammy said...

Oh and you were going to make me a banner like that, right?

Kim said...

I love it.. I wish my house was cute like that, but it isn't I need to buy some STUFF.
Kim Larsen

The Jones' said...

You are amazing! I wish I had your talent!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

SSSOOOOOO cute! You are talented!

Brandy said...

I think you have out done yourself!!!! How in the world are you going to have any energy left to decorate for christmas? But, It looks fabulous....... You are VIVS girl thats for sure.... Like Mother Like Daughter.

Lillian J. Banks said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, it's looks fabulous! I need to get mine out and put up so we have time to enjoy it. The banner and the star are still my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Okay Amy! So I was talking to Brandy yesterday and telling her how proud of myself I was because I had my Halloween decor up already! Not to mention I was thinking it was pretty spiffy... Um, YOU ARE CRAZY AWESOME! Love your stuff!!! I must know where to get me a cute black candlestick with orange candles!
FUN!

JennyMac said...

These are great!

Becca said...

Oh this looks likes it's right out of a magazine!!! I love it!

Thanks for linking!

Taija said...

SOOO CUTE!! I want to get crafting now (or shopping).