Monday, October 5, 2009

Whew! What a weekend!

This weekend was fall recess, conference, and Viv and Connie came to visit!
Whew! What a time!
We shopped, glittered, modge-podged, arranged, and shopped some more!
Here are the latest witches... Viv's is the one with the feather boa and mine is the one with the green sweater. LOVE THEM! We shopped until we dropped...
Viv and Connie hitch-hiked a ride up with my uncle Chris and aunt Mary... they had to pose for a photo for my 365... so here they are in all their glory!
The best part of the story is that they brought my Connie's car... a nice grandmotherly Buick...
Last time they brought her car was about 20 years ago and they had to borrow an EX-CARGO ( the crazy thing you strap to the top of your car) from a relative to get all their crap home. When Viv told me they were bringing the Buick instead of her Escalade I reminded her of the Ex-CARGO and told her that relative no longer lived in this area. She laughed and said she wouldn't shop much. YEAH RIGHT! Anyway... after three trips to HOBBY LOBBBY, 1 BIG trip to the GOURD farm, a rampage at SECRET HAVEN... 3 pumpkin topiaries, 3 hanging ornamnets, 3 modge podged boxes, enough gourds to start their own farm... and a partridge in a pear tree- we were ready to load the car!
Caylor just shook his head and walked down stairs... Chris wondered why he brought them... and the rest of us just laughed and kept stuffing the car.
Thank goodness Chris and Mary's neighbor was in town and took their luggage home or else Connie would have had to ride on top like Aunt Edna in Vacation.
3 in the front... Viv in the back with the topiaries and holding her witch the entire ride to St. George.
We had so much fun... we laughed so hard...did projects until our fingers hurt... and just loved hanging out, but...I think next time they will bring the big car.


9 comments:

tiburon said...

Oo that sounds like a fun weekend! Way better than mine!

I need some witches....

kado! said...

what a fun filled shopping weekend!

tammy said...

Makes me want to go shopping.

Vanessa said...

Wahoooo! Looks like a witchy good time!

Anonymous said...

what a family :)

<3 nicole

Shannon said...

Amy, your posts always make me laugh! You are a girl who truly enjoys life! Love It!

LACY said...

love your family

Unknown said...

God-Freez Leonna looks like ya had a ball I am just mad I was not there....

Brandy said...

Oops I didnt switch to my user name..