Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holidays in Hand... December 1st!

As I was searching for something to help me jump start the holidays and focus more on the Christmas Season and less on Christmas morning, I found a Jessica Sprague free class- Holidays in Hand.
Each day there is a place to do something, make something, write a memory and take a picture.
I am going to do this for my December portion of my project 365...
Caylor won't be home tonight so we cheated a bit and did our December 1st party last night...
Here is my Holiday in Hand page for December 1st.
My good friend, Tonia, introduced me to the idea of celebrating the beginning of the December by giving everyone in the family something they can use throughout the month,
I gave Mitch and Jacks some cute beanies for when we go outside... to see the lights, ice skating, etc... Meggie got the new Fancy Nancy Christmas book... I am sure we will read it many many times this month. Caylor got some Starbucks bucks so he can get a hot chocolate on his way to work.
I even took an invitation to their schools and left it at the office.
Mitch was totally embarrassed... Jacks and Meg thought it was cool.
We had a nice sit-down dinner (at the table- NOT the bar) and even played a game as a family.
I will post one of my HiH pages every few days...
1 down and 30 to go... so far so good!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love it sooooooooo much! What a great idea!!!!!!!!

Courtney said...

Sounds so fun! What a fun tradition to start.

Cassie said...

Can you tell me where you found the free class? I am looking but can't seem to find it. Thanks!

tammy said...

What a great idea. Can you just plan all my activities for me? Like forever.

Mae Rae said...

How cool! that seems like so much fun. Every day something different?

Mindi said...

you are making us all look REALLY bad. but i knew that table would look better than a hobby lobby ad--

now come down and decorate my tree, bitch.

(i love you)

Amy said...

The Jessica Sprague free class was only opened for a few days. Sorry. If you want to know the prompts, just let me know... and I can send you the file.