Friday, March 26, 2010

Swap Til You Drop!

Today is the day I can finally tell all about my party...
I did it for Studio 5... and it airs today.
They asked that I not blog about the specifics until today!
It was a "Swap Til You Drop" party...
The notion of "One Girlfriend's JUNQUE is another Girlfriend's treasure" was in full swing!
My darling cousin, Courtney Orton, is a contributor for Studio 5 and she asked that I throw this party as a story for her!
Everyone was a little nervous at the idea of being on TV,
but they all looked great!
Some of the goodies that were brought to swap were: homemade salsa, clothes, home decor, books, and crafting supplies. I told them all to bring something "fabulous" that they don't love anymore! They all brought the greatest stuff.

We had yummy treats, fantastic company, and we all
"Swapped Til we Dropped!"
The motto was: Shopping, Girlfriends, and Chocolate... Could it get any better than this?"
The take home favors were giant candy bars and reusable grocery bags... glammed up, of course!

We all had such a fun time. I was a little nervous to have a TV cameraman attend the party,but it all went off without a hitch. It is on today at 11:00 on KSL!
The other great thing that came from it was that I am teaching a party class at DEAR LIZZIE! I am going to share 2 versions of this party- GO GLAM & GO GREEN! It is on Tuesday, April 13 at 7:30. You will get invitations, favors, a style folder, and a really great time. I am going to share all my party secrets and ideas so you can get all your girlfriends together and "swap til you drop"! Remember one girlfriend's JUNQUE is another girlfriend's treasure!
You can call Dear Lizzie at 435.492.0022 to reserve your spot and join in on the fun!

14 comments:

Suzie said...

Amy that is fantastic!!!
what a great concept & execution.

autograph, please!

alpinekleins said...

Wow - amazing! And how much fun - looks soooo beautiful :)

Kristin

tammy said...

I have been waiting for this day so I could see all about it! Hopefully I can watch on KSL's website? I want to do this down here. You might have to explain how you worked the tag thingy.

Vanessa said...

Can't wait to see how big of a dork I am on tv.

It was so much fun and you put so much work into it!

Thanks for such a fabulous evening! You know how to throw a party!

AnneMarie said...

Wouldn't miss it! I am so excited! You are so fun and talented!! I hope they put the segment on the website.

And what a beautiful bunch of women.

Cassie said...

What a great idea! Wish I lived in Utah and could attend the class!

margie said...

AWESOME! so bummed i was out of town! it all looked divine!
kiss kiss
m

Polly said...

Amy it was so fun seeing you! You are SO your mother's daughter (classy and energetic) GREAT JOB!!

Nancy said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Makes me want to have a party! You are sooooooooooooo talented, Amy! Glad you finally got to strut your stuff!!! You go, girl!!!

Kim R said...

You are a rock star!! This looks like it was a so fun. You are amazing!

Kim R said...

You are a rock star!! This looks like it was a so fun. You are amazing!

Angie Garrett said...

Amy

Thanks for a wonderful night! You are the perfect hostess and really know how to make life fun! You looked awesome and so did the Studio 5 piece!

Thanks Amy!
Angie G.

Cassidy Lundgren said...

Hi! You've inspired my friends and me to throw a similar party and I wanted to download the silhoutte shopper to print on tags and such. However, when I went to house of 3's website I could not for the life of me find it. Would you mind telling me exactly how I can find it on their site? I'd greatly appreciate it! You can email me at cassidylundgren@gmail.com

Thanks for throwing such a fabulous party and inspiring us all!

Cassidy Lundgren said...

Hi Amy,
Back in April you helped me with the brush set you used from House of 3 for your swap party so I could use it at mine. I promised you I'd send pictures from our party and I completely forgot until now. I just posted the pictures from it on my blog (yeah, it took me long enough!) and thought I'd send you my blog address so you could see our party.

www.sixofonefamily.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for your help and inspiration!

Cassidy