Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010... Sand Hollow Sand Dunes

I usually really like where I live...
BUT...
When it says "Spring" on the calender-
(Notice I say when it says Spring on the calender because I would never know it looking outside my window at the SNOW!)
I get homesick for BlUE sKiEs & ReD rOckS!
St. George has the corner on the market for Spring!
Our little family left the cold
and headed South for Spring Break...
AND...
We met up with the entire fam-damily for a little Easter Picnic at the Sand Hollow Sand Dunes.
We all rallied in the RHINOS and had a great time!
We had over 40 people...
3 Snow families, 2 Spilsbury families, 1 Fillmore gang, 1 Dalley bunch, & 2 herds of Nelsons.
3 grandmas, 2 grandpas, 15 kids, many aunts, many uncles, 6 RHINOS, hundreds of Easter eggs, food for an army, lots of laughs, many pictures & a Happy Easter!
Here is the oldest...Grandma Connie and the youngest... Briggs.
Briggs didn't worry if there was a little Dixie red sand
on his food...infact, I think his diapers will be sand blasted for a long time.
So many fun cousins! These kids were BRAVE! There was a 50 foot cliff right behind them.
This is a picture of all the kids right before the Easter Egg hunt!
There were some VERY golden eggs... Mitch made over $50.00!
Caylor & Connie were just chillin' at the Sand Dunes!
kids, kids, kids...
They all hiked up on a cliff and were chucking Easter Eggs...
Grandma Viv said we were going to "roll Easter Eggs"... she just didn't think off a mountain!
All in all it was a fabulous was to spend Easter!
Lots of family, friends, and FUN!

9 comments:

CB said...

First!! Cause it's cool and stuff!! ha ha

CB said...

This looks like my kind of party! Love getting together with lots of folks I love, love sand dunes and red rocks, love Easter egg hunts - This looks like the perfect party!!

The pictures are fab!!

margie said...

looks like fun Gladdy...miss you like crazy...my life is not complete with out you...
kiss kiss
m

alpinekleins said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend - our family also loves Sand Hollow - we try to meet there each year sometime to gather with my brothers family who lives not far away.

Kristin

tammy said...

Oh yes. A must for spring break (if you live in Utah). I want in on those golden eggs.

Gretchen said...

FUN!!! That looks like a blast!! Seriously...Your life is just one big party...I want to have a little bit of you in me in my next life!!

I LOVED the 50 party!! So, so cute!! How in the wide world do you do it??? Everything is ALWAYS PERFECT!!! Once Again...You are AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to spend Easter, looks like the kids had a ball. How could you not?!

Lisa Provstgaard said...

Had to add you to my list - I love reading your blog..when I grow up I'm going to be just like you! Did Aunt Susan brave the eliments and join the fun? Our Easter was spent in the Insta care with Kent and a kidney stone! Nothing worse than a husband in pain. Book idea...have you read Hunger Games? 2 books series with the 3rd coming in August!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It looks like you had fun!

I have to agree with you on the St. George spring thing. We just got back from spending a week there and I didn't wanna come home to 31 degree weather.