Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pardon me... Do you happen to have any BLING?

I live in a world where everyone around me is 100% prepared for
any sort of natural disaster.
Most people have 2 years supply of food... water...diet coke & chocolate!
The other day I was at my sister's house-
She was putting the finishing seams in a darling bike basket liner for her mother-in-law.
I thought something was missing so I asked her for a little bling to snaz it up a bit.
Doesn't everyone have an emergency stash of rhinestones and ribbon?
I am so glad she has her stash of whole grain wheat and rice, but I was a little stressed to find out that she is ill prepared with bling!
We were able to refashion some ribbon from a mother's day gift... some ting-ting from her Christmas tree, and a flower out of the scraps of fabric and make do... but it really would have rocked with some killer gems fastened here and there!
She was so shocked by my level of annoyance... She kept saying that she was the mother of boys...Weak defense!
I know what I am getting both of my sisters AND sister-in-law for Christmas! A small container with ribbon, a variety of gems, a little ting-ting and some kind of flower.
You never know when an embellishment emergency is going to strike!

4 comments:

tammy said...

You are too funny! I can totally see you panicking. I'm glad you have her back.

Unknown said...

oh lovin the new look of ye ol blog!

Martha H. said...

You are definitely the Queen of Bling!

Jan said...

I have my supply of bling and ribbon and adding to it on a weekly basis! Seriously, I need some therapy! I could open my own store....scary