Saturday, April 16, 2011

Housework rules? I think not!

Today is Saturday!

Anyone who grew up in Utah has an annoying little song

brainwashed into their heads...

"Saturday is a special day"...

I think it was originally written to teach a "keep the

Sabbath day holy" message, but has taken on a larger idea...

"a mass plot to get slave labor

out of offspring".

It worked when I was young and I am

trying to indoctrinate my own children with the

dogma that on Saturday we have to clean.

Some Saturdays are busy... Most, in fact.

So sometimes we go to ballgames or do something fun

instead of conquering the boring household chores.

Besides.. they are always here waiting... growing!

I am not a pig... and I married someone who is

VERY fastidious and clean.

So when I say my house is dirty.. I am not really ready to sign up for the show "Hoarders"... I just need to spruce up a little

and declutter a bit!

Today I woke up early and got my cleaning skank top on,

some ghetto capris and my tennis shoes...

My working uniform!

I washed bedding and cleaned my bathrooms...

Even my bedrooms, kitchen and great room

are cleaned dusted and vacuumed!

I kept thinking there has got to be a better way.

Maybe a little maintenance?

I remember this little website called the flylady

that I investigated at one time.

She has some fantastic ideas to keep up on

housework so it is not a

Saturday slave camp environment.

I am going to check her out and take some of her

ideas to heart!

One of her little acronyms is CHAOS

(Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome)

I love to entertain... and lately I have been unable

host any parties or even have a

friendly bar-b-que due to the fact that my

house has been a little neglected.

That all ends today!

She has clever little tips...

the 27 fling boogie, hotspots,

swish and swipe and shine the sink.

She is really quite a house work genius.

So... until I develop a serious case of

housecleaning OCD or I make a million dollars to hire

my own version of "Alice"...

I am going to stick with the Fly lady and

get my house under control.

No more CHAOS!

3 comments:

alpinekleins said...

Wow - I'm heading over to Flylady for some tips! Sounds like it's right up my ally!

Kristin

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I have checked out the flylady site before. Great ideas.
I need to do the same.

Right now I think the FBI is staking me out thinking that I'm running a crackhouse or something.

That's what Monday is for.
I hate Saturday housework.
I'm like you, I'd rather be doing something fun.

Suzie said...

I am still struggling with the balance of work & play.
Let me know if you have any more tips. I do like FlyLady although I am a fan of not wearing shoes.
:)