Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Patterned After You...


Last week I did a segment on Studio 5. I was given the assignment of making something new out of something old. The inspiration piece that I was given to work with was: Vintage Sewing Patterns. They gave me a few pictures of various ways to use patterns.. such as framed vintage pattern envelopes, and Christmas stockings made from pattern tissue.

None of those really struck my fancy...

so... I let my imagination wander.

I thought of all the times I have

been in on a project using patterns.

I talked with friends...

I pondered what I could do with this idea.

Inspiration struck...

I went to a darling tea party for a 40th

birthday party! SO FUN!

I though back to all the times the girls in my family

would dress up and attend the

Lions Club Annual Mother and Daughter Tea!

There is was! I was going to plan a tea party using

vintage patterns... the theme:

PATTERNED AFTER YOU!

A perfect Mother's day celebration idea.

Here is my favorite part of the whole thing...

Bette (Betty)my body!

I got a new Bette and removed the jersey knot covering

and mod podged various scrapbook papers.

I added a Crinoline skirt and some

pattern tissue paper embellishments...

and Bette is ready for the ball!

I wanted to tie in the whole sewing...pattern...dressform vibe. I got miniature paper mache' dress forms from Michael's and Mod Podged tissue paper...both vintage pattern tissue and regular Cheetah tissue. This was part of my Studio 5 set up. I also had a giant cork board that I Mod Podged with sewing pattern tissue paper. I used hat boxes for height and variation... Tissue paper flowers and lollies embellished with pattern tissue paper. To throw in the Spring time element I Mod Podged paper mache' Easter eggs with the same tissue papers that were on the dress forms. Add chartreuse ribbon for color and you are good to go! This was a super fun and easy assignment! I had a blast planning all the elements of a Spring time tea party. Now... I just need to host actual soiree! I tried to embed the Studio 5 segment here on my blog as proof I was actually there... but had technical difficulties. So... Just go here and watch it from their site.

3 comments:

alpinekleins said...

OooOoo la la! What fun!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

I SO enjoyed your creative ideas for using patterns on Studio 5! I'll definitely be using some of them ASAP. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Warmly, Michelle

Mark said...

that looks all so good, I was kind of looking for this