Sunday, October 3, 2010

October... Bring it ON!

OCtoBeR is here...
FINALLY!
October is my very most favorite month of the year...
Yes, even more than December!
The weather is FABULOUS!
The fall scenery is AMAZING!
The fall tasting good is DELICIOUS!
Halloween is so FUN!
What is there not to love?
With the crazy in my life ... I was a little slow getting up my fall decor...
It is done- FINALLY!
It is pretty much like it was last year,
with a few little changes and additions here and there.
When I was little my mom had some Halloween pictures we would hang on our big front window.
We also had the gauzey ghost and some freaky jack-o-lanterns.
But the excitement was when Viv would say, "If we wash the window then we can hang the Halloween pictures".
I don't know if it was proclaiming to the world that we were decorated or just the excitement of the time of year, but it was something that I still think of every year as I put my own Halloween decor up.
Viv has moved on from the Pictures... IN fact, my sister Brandy was the
Halloween putter-upper this year and she told Vivian she was not allowed to but one more witch or pumpkin.
She wasn't decorating a 10,000 sq foot house for Halloween... but she could.


I did get a new witch! She is the sister to last years addition.
I think I am naming her Penievia.


October means planning my witches' brew...
thinking up Meg's costume...
& just enjoying this magical month!

I am making homemade applesauce and soup today!
It is a perfect lazy Sunday.
This week the weather is supposed to feel more like fall!
Bring it on!
I love October...
Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Collette said...

i just love your house at halloween time! and did i see a new fabulous wreath on your front door???

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Work!