Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
I am totally stealing this post idea from Mindi- so all of you that came over from her blog...It's her idea, but I am taking it and making it my own. She got me into this blog thing so she is also helping out in the idea area. I am going to post 5 things you might not know about me... Why am I doing this? Because it is my blog, and I really have some funny things about me that many of you might not know.
#1- My dad is a mortician... I would like to say this is me standing next to the family vacay wagon, but it isn't. My hair isn't red. The fact that my first home was a mortuary, I've ridden in cars with dead bodies, and the first thing my family checks in the newspaper is the obituaries will answer alot of questions about me. It isn't like My Girl or Six Feet Under... It was an normal abnormal part of my life. Someday I'll write a book... there is too much for one little paragraph!
#2- I am not a very good car traveler. I only have about a 6 hour radius of places I'll go in a car. I don't know if it is because I get car sick or just a little keyed up and antsy...Who knows. I was about divorced once over Thanksgiving in Reno. I am worse than most kids in the car and really don't like to take long distance trips in the automobile. When I moved 12 hours from home it widened a bit because I knew it was an awful means to an end.
#3- I taught High School for 10 years. I broke up fights, had drunk students, chaperoned the Jr. Prom...sometimes at the same time. When I started teaching I was only 5 years older than my aide...strange! I taught English and History to 9th and 10th graders. I loved it and sometimes miss is. Now I can't get anyone to listen to me talk about the Russsian Revolution or Shakespeare's sonnets... My students had to pretend to listen- I was giving the grades. I couldn't have taught Elementary School...snot and shoes? NO WAY! Maybe I never really left High School so I had to go back and live the dream some more. Yeah Right! Going back as a teacher is crazy... maybe all of my teachers knew more than I gave them credit for...YIKES!
#4- I love to pick things. When I grow up I want to be an aesthecian- get paid to pick people's zits. I will admit that I have even looked up zit picking on You Tube. My family thinks I am sick and wrong. I have told my middle school aged son that the only reason I had him was to pick his zits when he went through puberty. He still won't let me at them. I know there are some of you that think this is gross, and then there are some of you that are right in my boat- forever looking at people's zits and wondering how you could acidentally bump into their face so you could get the zit on their chin.
#5- I am an adrenaline junkie! I procrastinate and then scramble to get things done. For instance... I am hosting a bridal shower at my house in two days and haven't really thought about what I am doing. I have a few random thoughts and have made a few assignments to those that are helping me, but I will wait until Wednesday night to really think about it and then have to bust a move all day on Thursday to get everything done. I love that I am flaky...hopefully it will turn out and be a smashing success. It is a crap shoot every time- We'll see!
Posted by Amy at 5:05 PM
Friday, April 25, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Here are a few of the things I am thankful for this week:
1. Public School- This week I have had a vacation hangover as well as sick kids. Today is the day all three of my kids go to school for the whole time. I am actually going to unpack my suitcases and start some laundry. Sounds like a lot of fun...but the time has come.
2. My Cousin, Teisha- Yesterday I had the best phone chat with my crazy cousin, Teisha. At one time we were joined at the hip and then life took us different ways...but no matter how long it has been I can still laugh my butt of when I talk to her. She has the most wicked sense of humor and I laughed until my stomach hurt. It was the best little lift in my day!
3. My Nail Babe, Chal- Today I get to be entertained and solve all the problems of the world! I have a nail appointment. I drive to the ends of the Earth ( not so good for Earth Day week), but it is much cheaper than therapy. Chal is a rockstar nail tech, but more importantly she is such a great friend. She cracks me up! She'll be happy because I don't have any broken either...what a good day!
4. A week of vacation with my man- We had such a great time. I have such a fun time when we go anywhere...let alone to a sunny, tropical paradise. It was a fabulous week to just be together...sounds cheezy, but I think it is important to just be together. He is so funny, and charming and just a great time. I was sad when he had to go back to work... I missed him, but daddy's got to bring home the bacon!
5. Fake eyelashes- I know I sound like Shallow Hal, but I love wearing fake eyelashes. Most of the time I just wear the MAC ones, but when I go on vacay and want to look glamorous even in the pool I get the eyelash extensions and they rock. I love not having to wear any other make-up. Who knows maybe I will become a granola...yeah right, like that is going to happen! I love glitter, and glam, and fake too much for that!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Kindof a goofy post... but I love my sisters!
Posted by Amy at 9:35 AM
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
I wanted to post this really great picture of Caylor and I and our new found Mexican boy. We're going to start dressing in old time Mexican outfits. The funny thing is that it does look a little like Caylor and Jacks. I have been home for 36 hours and I really want to head back south of the border! I got home and Meggie started throwing up and Mitch is home sick today! Calgon...take me away. I am going to meditate (or medicate) myself back to the turqoise water and white beaches... to where Jose would come poolside and serve Pina Coladas and chips. Why...oh why does vacation have to end?
Monday, April 21, 2008
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Posted by Amy at 9:10 AM
Friday, April 11, 2008
I was stalking my blogging buddy, Holly's blog and she was asking for suggestions for a great read. I love to read so I wanted to help her out with a few ideas... I got to thinking about what I could recommend and let me tell you- I remembered the greatest book series ever! (Sorry Twilight lovers) The Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella is the best. There are five hilarious books and I am sad that I have already read them all twice, because I wish I could just be meeting Becky now for the first time! Sophie Kinsella is British and so they all have a little "Bridget Jones humor" to them...but better! I tend to be somewhat of a spender myself and also a justifier...so I understood Becky's predicaments. This isn't some deep, problem solving read...NO WAY! It is one step away from watching Friends or Will & Grace on TV- Not a heavy read, but very very very entertaining. I have actually been driving down the road and thought about one of Becky's adventures or problems and laughed out loud. I have a spending friend that said she read several in a weekend and found it to be quite theraputic for her own shopping problem. It is such a funny series and something perfect for vacation or summer or whatever! I am looking for something great to read... anymore ideas out there in the blogosphere?
It's true... I had the most awesome dream that my house was spotlessly clean and ready for the weekend rush! I woke to find a nightmare! So... I need to get off the computer and get with the cleaning. I wish I had something really pressing that would take me away from all of this... TOO bad!
Posted by Amy at 4:02 PM
Thursday, April 10, 2008
* I am so glad that The Office is back by popular demand! I have really missed Michael Scott and his lawsuit waiting to happen comments and antics. This is seriously the greatest show ever! I always want CJD to try some of the things at his office. It is good that his brother works there too... I don't think he would sue!
* I am so thankful for my grandma Connie... She came to my house with my sister for the first time in a year and a half ( because my grandpa had been so sick) It was so good to have her here! I just love her- she is such a young fun grandma! She has quilting friends that call themselves " The ladies of the Evening" because they quilt all night. She is the BEST!
* I am so thankful for books. I know this sounds like a total nerd alert, but I LOVE TO READ! I am trying to compile my list of all time favorite reads...so many titles!
* I am so glad I have a little friend, Meggie! I will be so sad when she goes to school all day! We just hang out and laugh and have a good time. She is getting social so now she would rather play with friends than hang with me, but I do enjoy my little shadow. We have laughed and said that she is the best little shopper, lunch goer, and mini- adult in town.
* I likey Self-tanner and shimmer lotion- As I think about taking this big white body to Mexico I am glad to know that I will have a little bit of CAMO in self tanner and shimmer lotion. I know that fat looks better tan... so with a few tanning bed sessions and a little bronzing lotion I should be good to go!
Posted by Amy at 7:53 AM
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Because I don't know if she'll like my essay or if my $20.00 check will clear, I am promoting my pal Mindi's give away. So.... go here and leave a comment and maybe...just maybe you'll win. I guess this is kindof messed up, because if you add your name to the pot then my chances of winning go down- but oh well! Leave a comment, plus just read her blog...it will crack you up!
Posted by Amy at 9:09 AM
Monday, April 7, 2008
I am just warning about the terrible side effects of the thing we all love the most... CHOCOLATE. There has been a new study out and it talks about what can happento you if you eat too much chocolate.... It is not the same old warning. It is new and says...
I love wearing a size 6!
( o.k. sorry if I offended any of you in the blogosphere...but I had to post this because I have laughed my butt off for two days)
Posted by Amy at 4:51 PM
Everyone is giving a re-cap on their fabulous weekend...so I am going to share a little about mine. Saturday morning my boys went skiing and Meg and I went to Nim's Island. What a cute movie. As I read the reviews I wondered if I saw the same movie they did. Abigail Breslin is so cute and I loved Jodie Foster as well...the bonus being Gerard Butler as two characters. Anyway... I don't think it will win the Academy Award, but it was a cute family movie. I liked it, Meggie liked it and all was well. After we got out of the movie Meggie turned to me and said, "That movie was FANTASTIC!" Don't read the reviews, just go! It is one I will probably buy.
Posted by Amy at 10:48 AM
Friday, April 4, 2008
I like it when we laugh so hard... for no reason at all
I like the way you call my name in the morning before you'll get out of your bed.
I like it when you want to go to Chevron for a treat...just us.
I like it when you laugh...you've got a great sense of humor!
I like it when you read to me!
I like it how you all look alike, but all look different at the same time.
I like it when you hug so hard it is going to "stweeze my duts out"
I like it when we work together!
I like it when you are kind to each other!
I like it when we watch a movie and eat popcorn and M&Ms
I like it when we hold hands.
I like it when you all get dressed for church and look so nice!
I like it when we all remember how much we love each other!
I like you!
Posted by Amy at 12:48 AM
Thursday, April 3, 2008
I have only got 10 minutes left, but I wanted to post all the things I am thankful for today!
* My Boot-Camp buddies- we had such a fun b-day lunch yesterday... I love the friendships that have developed over blood, sweat, and tears- but mostly sweat! These babes really have made "the hardest thing I have ever done" fun! Thanks for all your motivation!
* A hard working husband... I am glad "Big Daddy" loves his job, is good at his job, and makes it so I don't have to have a job. His hard work makes all our dreams a possibility!
* I am thankful for my three good kids. They are like most siblings that fight and torment each other most of the time... but last night Mitch sat down and read with Meg for 1/2 hour. They were so cute with each other!
* XM Radio- Today I had a million errands to run... it felt like I was in my car forever. I love listening to XM radio! I am actually on top of music that my oldest son likes... I haven't listened to a CD in ages and I know all the words to the 20 on 20- "It's all good"
* My Neighobrs- I love my neighbors- Dean and Paul. They are the best! They take care of me when my man is out of town, they invite us to fun parties, they loan me sugar or eggs if I need them, they recommend great books to read, they sent flowers when my grandpa died, they are fun and I am glad they moved in next door!
* I am especially thankful that the writer's strike is over and TV is going to be back on! Sorry kids, no homework help... mommy is watching the boob-tube! ( just kidding... but my DVR is going to be running wild)
Posted by Amy at 11:50 PM
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Today is the day I have been waiting for...well, one of them anyways! I got my new bedroom furniture! I am so excited about it! The headboard is 6'3"... I LOVE it! I was a little sad, because the armoire was damamged and I have to wait for another one to arrive. It is about time! I have had the total early marriage bedroom set for about 13 years now... yes, you guessed it the Broyhill Fontana. If you are wondering what that is... either watch " Everybody loves Raymond" or better yet, call one of your friends that got married 1991-1995 and at least three of them will have it. It was a good thing while it lasted... but I am so happy with this new one! I even like my bedding again! My man wasn't so happy about buying new furniture, but I can happily say we don't need any other furniture for our house ( well, that is until we finish the rest of the basement). He is sooo good to put up with me! Anyway...HIP HIP HOORAY!
Posted by Amy at 5:13 PM
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Posted by Amy at 3:54 PM